Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

viterbi example in (Windows) 5.3.1.064

astrasel
Beginner

We use viterbi decoders in multiple applications, so were looking forward to support for it in the IPP. As I understand, viterbi decoders have a 'state' parameter and a traceback 'depth' parameter. But during integration, it appears that the example is always setting the 'depth' equal to the 'state' (16, 32 or 64), thereby making the depth essentially non-configurable.

I'm trying to re-work the example to make depth configurable, but am starting to wonder if this (depth = state) is a requirement of the associated IPP viterbi functions (GetVarPointDV, CalcStatesDV, BuildSymblTableDV4D, UpdatePathMetricsDV).

So my questions are:

Is there a way to make 'depth' configurable in the example / using the existing IPP functions?

If not, is this a 'bug' in these functions? (Will it be fixed? Should I submit this as a support issue?)

-Thanks in advance for any help

0 Kudos
2 Replies
astrasel
Beginner
I was able to modify the example to specify a depth != state, so it can be done. Would be nice if Intel were to provide a more general solution.
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello,

if you have some specific functionality requests it would be nice to submit them to Intel Premier Support, so they will be used as a input at the next IPP version planning stage.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos