Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

where is the link for IPP JPEG and IPP-UIC ?

free0_z_
Beginner

Hello

I want to downlad IPP based jpeg encoder/decorder sample application. Can you tell me the link (for IPP-UIC, IPP JPEG etc) so that I can download it. The old link below seems broken.

thanks
Frank

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Chao_Y_Intel

Hi,  Frank,

The UIC and JPEG sample was in the old release. They are deprecated, and not part of Intel IPP new release.  If you want to the old packages,  you can go to our registration center to download the package.
https://registrationcenter.intel.com

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos
free0_z_
Beginner

Hi Chao

Thank you for reply. In that link, I need to have a Serial Number.  but we don't have it.

We look for your jpeg codec to replace the old jpeg lib ijl15 in our application. Could you suggest me what we can use for that. We want to high efficient in encoding and easy to implement as we did in ijl15. Our product is in win 32 bits application. If you have, Could you provide some sample application (window C++) so that I can evalute it? We want to have it ASAP to replace ijl15 lib.

thank you again

Frank

0 Kudos
free0_z_
Beginner

Hi Chao

Do you provid a windown based sample application by using IPP JPG or IPP UIC (demo version ok) ?  I want to see how the jpeg codec implementation.

thank you

Frank

0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

Frank, 

You need to have commercial license, or apply for an evaluation license to Intel IPP.  To get the product, please check here:
https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-ipp/try-buy

ijl15 is a very old JPEG decoding library.  I think it is not support for more than 10 years.   In the old IPP releases, it had an IJL-IPP sample, which demonstrated how to move IJL code to old IPP JPEG sample code.

But please note that, since the UIC and JPEG domain was deprecated, and it will not have further development on these domain.  Please evaluate if this can meet your application development.

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos
free0_z_
Beginner

Hi Chao,

Thanks for reply.  Yes, ijl15 is old so we want to change it soon in our product. Since UIC and JPG deprecated, do you have suggestion in any jpeg codec from Intel that we can look?

It seems our company have bought a license for IPP for one machine about 5 years ago (but the comany didn't continue work on it for some reason), and the license was registered in that time. They seems only having login ID/PW (but I didn't see Serial Number). Is this still available?

thanks

Frank

0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

Frank,

I will send you private email to follow your license/serial number questions.    For the JPEG,  the old release is still in our registration center to download, but note, it will not be supported anymore.

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos
free0_z_
Beginner

Thanks Chao, I reply your e-mail. By the way, do you have any suggestion for your JPEG codec that we can use to replace ijl15 ?

Frank

0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

Frank, 

This old code example may provide some help: http://registrationcenter.intel.com/irc_nas/1910/w_ipp-samples-legacy_p_6.1.6.065.zip
It has document talking on how move the IJL code IJG (
ipp-samples\image-codecs\jpeg-ijl\doc).   IJG is deprecated in IPP now, you may check the open source IJG code. 

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos
free0_z_
Beginner

Thank you Chao, I reply your e-mail regarding license/e-mail

Frank

0 Kudos