cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mo_bri
New Contributor I

101 Curie Neural Network Lib - Can not change global context

Hi,

I call the setGlobalContext with any number, and it remains at 127.

Here is the code :

void setGContext(int gc)

{

CuriePME.setGlobalContext(gc);

uint16_t newGC = CuriePME.getGlobalContext();

if (newGC != gc)

{

Serial.print("Failed to ");

}

Serial.print("set Global Context to:");

Serial.println(gc);

Serial.print("Global context is Currently:");

Serial.println(newGC);

}

Output

Set Global context to 1

Failed to set Global Context to:1

Global context is Currently:127

It doesnt matter if I am in KNN or RBF mode, it always stays at 127.

Is there supposed to be 127 different contexts for each neuron ? There-by giving me the ability to have 17 different patterns ?

If so does this mean I could have a context for each OCR character I'm trying to match, as well as having one context with a category for every OCR character I'm trying to match.

So for example I could have context 5 for my general what is this character ( OCR image 0 - zero through to 9 - nice, so 10 digits learned in this context number 5. Then I could have (I'm not saying this is a good idea or even desirable - I'm just asking if its possible - so please nobody say this is a bad idea), a context for each digit, so context 10 is for only the number 0, 11 is only for the number 1 etc. I then test the image in the general context (5), if it fails to recognise, then iterate through each of the contexts from 10 - 19, and see if that matches the OCR image ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello marcuso,

Thank you for interest in the Intel® Curie™ Boards.

In order to provide better assistance, I'll need a brief explanation of what you are trying to accomplish, if you could share more code to help us understand the context of your project, we will appreciate it. If you are using code from any source, please provide a link.

In the meantime, you could check this link to examine the parameters of the setGContext() function, https://github.com/01org/Intel-Pattern-Matching-Technology.

I'll be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Andres
mo_bri
New Contributor I

Hi I raised the issue on git hub and its fixed already, thanks anyway.

https://github.com/01org/Intel-Pattern-Matching-Technology/issues/17 Set GCR does not change GCR · Issue # 17 · 01org/Intel-Pattern-Matching-Technology · GitHub

Marcus

idata
Community Manager

Hello marcuso,

I'm glad you could solve your issue.

Thank you for sharing the link with the community.

Regards,

Andres