Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager

1920x1080 resolution causes my windows screen to be to large for my tv

any recommendations to adjust settings to have it fit correctly? if I adjust the resolution to a lower setting it tells me that its not the optimal resolution.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Have you checked to make sure that the TV is not setup to implement a horizontal and/or vertical zoom?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello, Drewman:

Please try the suggestion mentioned above, and let us know if the resolution changes.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

I have same issue with my compute stick as well as a NUC.

Issue seems to be that my TV assumes overscan. I guess this is an HDMI handshake issue with the Intel bios/drivers. To work-around I go into the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel - Display - General Settings - Custom Aspect Ratio and move the scroll bars to 85%.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

AStuff, thank you for your input, let's hope that it can help /thread/106496 Drewman.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

I had the same problem on my LG 60" plasma HDTV. In my case, I used the remote for the TV to set the screen into "Justify" mode, rather than let the TV try to figure out how to scale the resolution set by the Stick.

That worked just fine. Now my Stick displays 1920x1080 perfectly sized for my TV screen.

If your TV has controls to set the aspect ratio of the TV, you might find a similar function for you to use.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Korfuntu, thank you for your suggestion.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Check out this FAQ: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005502.html Intel Graphics and Television FAQ

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

/thread/106496 Drewman,

I am following up your thread; did you follow the suggestions mentioned above? Were you able to track this down?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos