Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
linuxium
New Contributor III

A pseudo Intel Chromium Stick

I don't know if this is of interest to anyone but the Intel Compute Stick can also make a great little pseudo Chromium stick.

You can dual boot Chromium OS from either an SD card or a USB so it won't affect your installed OS such as Windows. And you can add Ubuntu to Chromium meaning you could have the choice of three OS to run from: Windows, Chromium or Ubuntu. The only issue is I can't get sound working in Chromium but I'm not finding that a drawback as I just reboot into Windows when required.

Full instructions are posted here (https://sites.google.com/site/ianwmorrison/Downhome/Topic3/apseudointelchromiumstick A pseudo Intel Chromium Stick - Linuxium) or here (https://plus.google.com/+IanMORRISON/posts/3zP9HyF9CLU Like the idea of an Intel Chromium Stick?While waiting for a commercially…) if you want to try.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
BZam
Beginner

tried this image twice, but i'm stuck at grub. no kernel is loaded and the boot hangs. did i miss something crucial?

linuxium
New Contributor III

Can you provide more info as it is very difficult to determine what has happened? Did you uncompress the download file first? What did you use to write to your media Rufus or dd? What media are you using: USB or SD card? Are you trying on an ICS 8GB or ICS 32GB? When you say 'stuck in grub' do you mean you have a GRUB prompt? When you boot using F10 and select your media, what do you see on the screen or what happens? If it hangs, what was the last thing displayed and how long have you left it for? Sorry for so many questions but otherwise I really have nothing to go on.

BZam
Beginner

sorry, mea culpa: i tried the whole thing of writing the image to the SD Card using dd on linux instead of a mac. i've done this a million times before on a mac and it never gave me problems. now suddenly things work and i'm currently able to boot chromium. sorry for wasting your time and thank you for the image.

linuxium
New Contributor III

No worries. Hope you enjoy it.

Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello all,

Thank you for sharing this information.

Regards,

Amy.