Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager

A tail of the Edison, corrupt filesystem, no ability to log in or flash...

Maybe someone has an idea on how to proceed with this. My intel edison on the Arduino Breakout board become corrupted. Trying to login via serial is unsuccessful as it won't take the password. The serial terminal is filed with filesystem errors:

[ 121.805794] EXT4-fs error (device mmcblk0p8): ext4_lookup:1437: inode # 7055: comm agetty: deleted inode referenced: 46227

The Edison Installer GUI just failed on setting hostname, password and network.

I tried to update via command line update, it appeared to work...

sazed:edison joe$ ./flashall.sh

Using U-Boot target: edison-blankcdc

Now waiting for dfu device 8087:0a99

Please plug and reboot the board

dfu-util: Device has DFU interface, but has no DFU functional descriptor

Flashing IFWI

Download [=========================] 100% 4194304 bytes

Flashing U-Boot

Download [=========================] 100% 237568 bytes

Flashing U-Boot Environment

Download [=========================] 100% 65536 bytes

Flashing U-Boot Environment Backup

Download [=========================] 100% 65536 bytes

Rebooting to apply partition changes

Now waiting for dfu device 8087:0a99

Flashing boot partition (kernel)

Flashing rootfs, (it can take up to 5 minutes... Please be patient)

Rebooting

U-boot & Kernel System Flash Success...

Your board needs to reboot to complete the flashing procedure, please do not unplug it for 2 minutes.

On Reboot I get this again:

[ 122.112912] EXT4-fs error (device mmcblk0p8): ext4_lookup:1437: inode # 7055: comm agetty: deleted inode referenced: 46227

Poky (Yocto Project Reference Distro) 1.7.3 edison ttyMFD2

I saw some posts on copying the distro over to the shared folder, which is 760MB and the image is 1.3GB so that doesn't work for me.

But what I did was copy the files except edison-image-edison.ext4 (which is 1.3G) and execute "run do_ota" which appears to run... but then back to no login and ext4 issues.

Any thoughts on how to proceed.

Thanks,

-Joe

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your interest in the Intel® Edison Platform.

We appreciate all the information provided. We have noticed that other users have had similar errors like the one you are having, so we'd recommend you to try their solutions in order to know if they can help to solve your issue. One of them is to pop the module out of the baseboard and then put it back, other user solved it by flashing his Edison following the /docs/DOC-25154 How to Run the Flashall Script instructions, this method you have done already, however you could try it again updating the dfu-utill, also try with a different USB cable in order to discard it.

You can check for more details these threads:

Hope this information helps, however, we'll be waiting for you in order to know if you have any questions or need more assistance.

Regards,

-Yermi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Joe,

We would like to know if you have any update.

Regards,

-Yermi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey Yermi - No those did not help. I was able to use google and find those suggestions prior to posting my question.

I tried the flash script on Mac OS X no luck,, I tried it on Linux to perform a recovery to no avail, I tried it on Windows to perform a recovery and no luck... I switched it from the Arduino Breakout board to a Sparkfun block, repeated the above. I gave up and ordered a new one, I was wasting time and consider that Edison bricked.

-Joe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Joe,

We're sorry to hear it didn't work, however we would like to let you know that in case you want to continue receiving assistance to try to recover your Edison, you can open a ticket here: https://customercare.intel.com/?lang=en-US https://customercare.intel.com/?lang=en-US and we'll be happy to help you.

Regards,

-Yermi

0 Kudos