cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DLaMa
New Contributor I

Access Point / Hotspot

Jump to solution

So I recently got a new board and flashed it with the latest Yocto image. I have connected to the serial port with my computer and am using PUTTY to access the device.

However, I can't seem to figure out how to make Edison function as an access point. I have accomplished this before, but I can't remember what steps I took.

Here's what I tried:

systemctl disable wpa_supplicant

systemctl enable hostapd

ifconfig usb0 down (based on this: )

reboot

I've also tried the "hold the power button down for 4 seconds" trick and the "configure_edison --enableOneTimeSetup" (from here: https://software.intel.com/en-us/getting-started-with-ap-mode-for-intel-edison-board IoT - Getting started with Access Point (AP) Mode for the Intel® Edison board | Intel® Software ).

Still no dice. When I use my smartphone to attempt to access this network, it says it's authenticating, but no IP address is assigned and no connection is made.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DLaMa
New Contributor I

So I figured out my issue. Apparently my phone had some incorrect settings that were not updated when the device was re-flashed. Simply telling my phone to first forget the network and then re-connecting is all that was truly needed.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DLaMa
New Contributor I

Does anybody have an updated guide or BKM for this?

DLaMa
New Contributor I

So I figured out my issue. Apparently my phone had some incorrect settings that were not updated when the device was re-flashed. Simply telling my phone to first forget the network and then re-connecting is all that was truly needed.

View solution in original post

idata
Community Manager

Hi douglas.lamaster,

Thanks for your interest in the Intel® Edison™ Platform.

I'm glad to know that you were able to connect your phone to your Edison network! Please let me know if you have any more questions, we will be happy to help.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose P.