Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Adafruit Sharp Memory Display w/ Edison Arduino Breakout

Jump to solution

Hello!

I am trying to get the Sharp Memory Display (https://www.adafruit.com/products/1393 https://www.adafruit.com/products/1393) working with the Edison Arduino breakout.

While trying to get an Arduino sketch compiled for the Edison using the supplied libraries: https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_SHARP_Memory_Display Adafruit_SHARP_Memory_Display / https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit-GFX-Library Adafruit-GFX-Library I am getting the following errors

In file included from /Users/ronaldsardarian/Library/Arduino15/packages/Intel/hardware/i686/1.6.2+1.0/variants/edison_fab_c/variant.h:27:0,

from /Users/ronaldsardarian/Library/Arduino15/packages/Intel/hardware/i686/1.6.2+1.0/cores/arduino/Arduino.h:33,

from /Users/ronaldsardarian/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Adafruit_SHARP_Memory_Display/Adafruit_SharpMem.h:20,

from /Users/ronaldsardarian/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Adafruit_SHARP_Memory_Display/Adafruit_SharpMem.cpp:19:

/Users/ronaldsardarian/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Adafruit_SHARP_Memory_Display/Adafruit_SharpMem.cpp: In constructor 'Adafruit_SharpMem::Adafruit_SharpMem(uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t)':

/Users/ronaldsardarian/Library/Arduino15/packages/Intel/hardware/i686/1.6.2+1.0/cores/arduino/wiring_digital.h:131:53: error: 'PinDescription' has no member named 'pPort'

# define digitalPinToPort(P) ( g_APinDescription[P].pPort )

^

/Users/ronaldsardarian/Library/Arduino15/packages/Intel/hardware/i686/1.6.2+1.0/cores/arduino/wiring_digital.h:134:38: note: in definition of macro 'portOutputRegister'

# define portOutputRegister(port) ( &(port->PIO_ODSR) )

^

/Users/ronaldsardarian/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Adafruit_SHARP_Memory_Display/Adafruit_SharpMem.cpp:63:36: note: in expansion of macro 'digitalPinToPort'

clkport = portOutputRegister(digitalPinToPort(_clk));

^

/Users/ronaldsardarian/Library/Arduino15/packages/Intel/hardware/i686/1.6.2+1.0/cores/arduino/wiring_digital.h:132:56: error: 'PinDescription' has no member named 'ulPin'

# define digitalPinToBitMask(P) ( g_APinDescription[P].ulPin )

^

/Users/ronaldsardarian/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Adafruit_SHARP_Memory_Display/Adafruit_SharpMem.cpp:64:17: note: in expansion of macro 'digitalPinToBitMask'

clkpinmask = digitalPinToBitMask(_clk);

^

/Users/ronaldsardarian/Library/Arduino15/packages/Intel/hardware/i686/1.6.2+1.0/cores/arduino/wiring_digital.h:131:53: error: 'PinDescription' has no member named 'pPort'

# define digitalPinToPort(P) ( g_APinDescription[P].pPort )

^

/Users/ronaldsardarian/Library/Arduino15/packages/Intel/hardware/i686/1.6.2+1.0/cores/arduino/wiring_digital.h:134:38: note: in definition of macro 'portOutputRegister'

# define portOutputRegister(port) ( &(port->PIO_ODSR) )

^

/Users/ronaldsardarian/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Adafruit_SHARP_Memory_Display/Adafruit_SharpMem.cpp:65:36: note: in expansion of macro 'digitalPinToPort'

dataport = portOutputRegister(digitalPinToPort(_mosi));

^

/Users/ronaldsardarian/Library/Arduino15/packages/Intel/hardware/i686/1.6.2+1.0/cores/arduino/wiring_digital.h:132:56: error: 'PinDescription' has no member named 'ulPin'

# define digitalPinToBitMask(P) ( g_APinDescription[P].ulPin )

^

/Users/ronaldsardarian/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Adafruit_SHARP_Memory_Display/Adafruit_SharpMem.cpp:66:17: note: in expansion of macro 'digitalPinToBitMask'

datapinmask = digitalPinToBitMask(_mosi);

^

It seems that the Edison board drivers do not support some of the functionality required by the library. I am new to the world of hardware programming so I don't entirely understand what these "PinToPort" "PinToBitMask" symbols are even trying to accomplish.

Any ideas on how to resolve this or should I simply be looking elsewhere (hardware wise) to control this display?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Employee

Hi,

I found a couple of links of users who've used the Sharp display on the Edison. Their approach of compiling the code is using MRAA instead of the Arduino IDE. This is a different method to control the Sharp display that you might find useful. In the threads you can find suggestions on how to compile and test the code.Take a look at

Sergio

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Employee

Hi,

I found a couple of links of users who've used the Sharp display on the Edison. Their approach of compiling the code is using MRAA instead of the Arduino IDE. This is a different method to control the Sharp display that you might find useful. In the threads you can find suggestions on how to compile and test the code.Take a look at

Sergio

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

This seems like exactly what I was looking for!

Thanks Sergio!