Intel® Makers
Intel® Edison, Intel® Joule™, Intel® Curie™, Intel® Galileo
Announcements
Welcome - This is a Peer-to-Peer Forum only. Intel has discontinued these products but you may find support from other customers on this Forum
9881 Discussions

Any idea tracking object with opencv while sending the image to a PC at the same time ?

idata
Community Manager

Recently,I tried to track a object using opencv installed on a edison ,and it worked.Every frame was saved as a JPG image,the FPS was set to 15.I just wonder if there is any way to implement tracking &sending at the same time .The object tracking was in C++,but I guess sending file to a PC requires Java ,right?Do I need to implement both in Java?

4 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello kmij261,

I'll try to help you with this project. What exactly do you mean by sending a file to PC? And, why do you think that it requires Java? I mean, you could use an example similar to the one found in http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/27659/ (if the file does not reach the 1500 B)

Or, are you interested in streaming the files to an HTML? If so, you would have not only use OpenCV but a different library like FFMpeg.

Please provide us a more detailed inside of your project so we can provide you more accurate suggestions.

We'll be waiting for your response.

-Peter.
idata
Community Manager

Hello kmij261,

Do you have any updates about this?

-Peter.
idata
Community Manager

Hello Peter,

recently,I tried to use Edison to make an object tracking .Considering Edison doesn't hava a gui module ,therefore,to make it easier ,I used Opticalflow provided by opencv,and saved every frame as a png file.But I still want to check the results(png files) in real time .Ithink if I can send this results as a set of pngs to PC through socket.

-kmij261

idata
Community Manager

Hello kmij261,

I understand, in that case, I'd suggest you to read the following document:

http://www.linuxhowtos.org/C_C++/socket.htm

It is a very complete guide on how to use sockets on Linux using C++. I believe it will be very helpful for you.

Let me know if it is of help.

-Peter.