Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

Any idea tracking object with opencv while sending the image to a PC at the same time ?

Recently,I tried to track a object using opencv installed on a edison ,and it worked.Every frame was saved as a JPG image,the FPS was set to 15.I just wonder if there is any way to implement tracking &sending at the same time .The object tracking was in C++,but I guess sending file to a PC requires Java ,right?Do I need to implement both in Java?

4 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello kmij261,

I'll try to help you with this project. What exactly do you mean by sending a file to PC? And, why do you think that it requires Java? I mean, you could use an example similar to the one found in http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/27659/ (if the file does not reach the 1500 B)

Or, are you interested in streaming the files to an HTML? If so, you would have not only use OpenCV but a different library like FFMpeg.

Please provide us a more detailed inside of your project so we can provide you more accurate suggestions.

We'll be waiting for your response.

-Peter.
idata
Community Manager

Hello kmij261,

Do you have any updates about this?

-Peter.
idata
Community Manager

Hello Peter,

recently,I tried to use Edison to make an object tracking .Considering Edison doesn't hava a gui module ,therefore,to make it easier ,I used Opticalflow provided by opencv,and saved every frame as a png file.But I still want to check the results(png files) in real time .Ithink if I can send this results as a set of pngs to PC through socket.

-kmij261

idata
Community Manager

Hello kmij261,

I understand, in that case, I'd suggest you to read the following document:

http://www.linuxhowtos.org/C_C++/socket.htm

It is a very complete guide on how to use sockets on Linux using C++. I believe it will be very helpful for you.

Let me know if it is of help.

-Peter.