Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LLuka1
Novice

Anyone else wifi stops when using the USB 3.0 port?

I wonder if anyone else has the same issue, or is it just me?

It took me a month to find out why my wifi is unstable. I even get a replacement with the same problem. At the end I realized it's an interference between the SanDisk Ultra Fit USB 3.0 flash drive and the built in wifi in the Intel Compute Stick. Read the other thread:

When the flash drive is connected to the USB2 port the wifi just works fine, but when I connect it to the USB3 the wifi stops working.

I found out that this is a known issue since many years back:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/io/universal-serial-bus/usb3-frequency-interference-paper.htm... http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/io/universal-serial-bus/usb3-frequency-interference-paper.htm...

0 Kudos
10 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello, Magyar:

Please stay with your other thread Wifi is unreliable in the new STK1AW32SC (2016 model). I tried everything suggested., I noticed that rguevara and Hellen_Intel are working with your case.

Regards,

Amy.

LLuka1
Novice

I dont need help in this thread. It was just a question to other users.

idata
Community Manager

Well, in that case I would like to encourage the community here to join and comment in regard to this matter.

Regards,

Amy.

EBrin
Beginner

I had the same problem. Also suffered from

I have fixed it using an USB extension cable between USB stick and my compute stick.

Not ideal but its working.

linuxium
New Contributor III

I also have encountered the same problem: loss of wifi when using the USB 3.0 port. See another confirmation here: http://linuxiumcomau.blogspot.com.au/2016/04/test-ubuntu-1604-lts-iso-for-intel-atom.html?showCommen... c4970370584298562654 linuxium.com.au: Test Ubuntu 16.04 LTS ISO for Intel Atom Compute Sticks.

IWill2
Beginner

Hi guys,

Just bought the Windows 10 updated version and had no problems configuring it to my TV (I have a scaling problem but can either live with it or fix it).

I have a Bluetooth dongle for keyboard and mouse plugged into the USB 2 port, no problems.

Last week I connected an external 3Gb Seagate UDB (3 capable) drive into the USB 3 port and immediately had modem connection problems. At that stage I was just getting to use the ICS so ended up getting it to work without the Seagate drive.

Today I thought I would re-check the influence of the Seagate drive, maybe it was too close to the router. No, it doesn't matter where it is, as long as it is plugged in I get a router connection but no internet. Disconnect it and all is well.

Tomorrow I will plug the drive into the USB 2 port and see if all is ok.

idata
Community Manager

Keep us posted.

Regards,

Amy.

IWill2
Beginner

Sorry about the delay in posting. Yes, plugging the keyboard/mouse dongle into the USB 3 port and my external drives etc into the USB 2 port has worked no problems. I can repeatedly put the external drive into the USB port and immediately loose ine internet connection. interestingly, I do not loose the local network connection through the router, only the internet.

idata
Community Manager

It looks like you might be missing some settings in the router configuration, have you checked with a different device?

Regards,

Amy.

idata
Community Manager

IKW50, does the issue persist? Were you able to check with a different device?

Regards,

Amy.