Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KEckh
Valued Contributor III

Arduino 1.6.6 - Board Manager - Compiler warnings...

I was just sort of wondering about the current plans for installing and updating the Edison (and Galileo) Arduino boards within the Arduino IDE.

In particular, One can install the latest Arduino IDE, in this case 1.6.6 and go into the board manager and install support for the Edison which is great.

However with the latest release of the IDE, every time, I build anything for any board, I get a set of warning from the Intel Hardware files.

So far I have been able to remove a few of them, by adding a couple of lines into the appropriate boards.txt files.

Example: in the Edisons board.txt file. On my machine: C:\Users\Kurt\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\Intel\hardware\i686\1.6.2+1.0\boards.txt

I defined the board name to match what the warning message suggested:

izmir_ec.build.board=I686_IZMIR_EC

But I am still getting a few more errors:

Warning: platform.txt from core 'Arduino i586 Boards' contains deprecated recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} "{build.path}/{archive_file}" "{object_file}", automatically converted to recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} "{archive_file_path}" "{object_file}". Consider upgrading this core.

Warning: platform.txt from core 'Arduino i686 Boards' contains deprecated recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} "{build.path}/{archive_file}" "{object_file}", automatically converted to recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} "{archive_file_path}" "{object_file}". Consider upgrading this core.

So just wondering if Intel was planning an update to the Arduino Install, that hopefully we can simply go to the board manager and click update.

6 Replies
Pablo_M_Intel
Employee

Hi KurtE,

We'll investigate your case. We'll get back to you as soon as we have an answer.

Regards,

PabloM_Intel

Pablo_M_Intel
Employee

Hi KurtE,

Your case is still being investigated, we appreciate your patience. Is there any update from your side?

Regards,

PabloM_Intel

KEckh
Valued Contributor III

I have not looked much more at this yet as I am currently not doing any Arduino stuff for Edison.

But there are several postings out there on this, like:

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=357312.0 http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=357312.0

For the Trossen Robotics stuff, I updated my versions of it boards.txt and platform.txt to remove most of these warnings.

Pablo_M_Intel
Employee

Hi KurtE,

We apologize for the late reply. We have news on this issue. A new JSON file update resolved all compiler warning issues. This was verified with 1.6.7 IDE for both Galileo and Edison boards.

Regards,

Pablo

KEckh
Valued Contributor III

Sounds good. I will try to play with it some time soon. In the last few days Arduino came out with 1.6.8 IDE, plus PJRC came out with update of Teensyduino for it, so will be trying things out again.

I do want to try some stuff out on the Edison again... But have sort-of been waiting until I see the SPI stuff has been fixed and put into some build. Soon hopefully?

Thanks again

Pablo_M_Intel
Employee

Hi KurtE,

You're welcome . There's no ETA for this, but hopefully it will be covered soon.

Regards,

Pablo