Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

Arduino shield - Shield reset button does not reload sketch

On the page below it says that if you press the "Shield Reset" button it will reload the sketch.

Nothing happens when I hit this switch. I want to restart my sketch without having to upload it each time.

Anyone run into this or have a workaround so I don't have to upload the sketch each time I want to run it?

Thanks in advance

2 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi RickyRat,

I looked at the document you pointed and with a fresh install of the latest image I tried to reset a sketch and just as you mentioned, the button doesn't work as expected. My guess is that is caused by the sketch persistent feature. In newer images, the sketch persistent feature is not enabled, so when the button is pressed, the board is not programmed to reload the sketch.

There's more than one method to enable the sketch persistent feature. I tried two different methods and the one that worked is the one described in this thread /thread/77945 https://communities.intel.com/thread/77945 for this specific scenario. Once I followed this thread and enabled the sketch persistent feature the button began to work. I checked the sketch was enabled after the sketch reset with the command ps.

Follow the method we recommended and let us know your results.

-Sergio

idata
Community Manager

Hi RickyRat,

Do you still need assistance with this case, were you able to try the workaround we suggested?

-Sergio