cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JCarv5
Novice

Arduino sketch not running on Galileo Gen 2

Hi,

I have been running an Arduino sketch found /thread/53869 here that I uploaded to the board via Arduino IDE. I modified the script to print sensor readings to a file saved on Galileo. The sketch runs in parallel to a Python script that reads the file. The sketch and the script were working properly together until I set the Python script to run on startup rather than on demand. To run the Python script on startup, I followed the instructions http://www.pietervanos.net/knowledge/start-python-script-from-init-d/ here.

Once I had the Python script run on startup, I noticed the file that Arduino should be writing to was no longer being updated. I opened my Arduino IDE to see if re-uploading the sketch would solve anything, and this is what I saw:

Additionally, I tried to see if I could run the sketch on demand following the discussion /message/482884# 482884 here.

I am using the Yocto 3.8.7, iot-devkit version 3.5 image.

Thank you

4 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi milesZappa,

Thank you for contacting us.

This is an interesting issue. Having a Python script running at startup should not be an issue if everything was working fine before.

The error you observe in the serial monitor has been reported before in the community. There are a few suggestions you can try to avoid seeing this error, which can be seen here: /thread/111338 https://communities.intel.com/thread/111338

Go through the thread's suggestions and let us know your results.

-Sergio A

idata
Community Manager

Hi milesZappa,

Do you still need assistance with this case?

-Sergio A

JCarv5
Novice

Hi Sergio,

I ended up backing up my files and creating a new image. Everything worked properly on the new image; I must have corrupted the old image somehow.

Thank you

idata
Community Manager

Hi milesZappa,

Thank you for confirming you have everything working now. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,

-Sergio A