Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

Atom Compute Stick - Blue Light But No Display Master Thread

I am creating a single post which ties together multiple threads which seem to be describing the same issue with Atom powered Intel Compute Sticks.

The Intel Compute Stick powers on but does not post. This means that the Intel BIOS screen does not appear.

This behavior is documented in the following threads:

(two different users with same problem)

-> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJZvUlr_-cg&feature=youtu.be Video of Behavior

Here are the reproduction steps:

1) Operate an Atom compute stick (STK1AW32) in a room with an ambient temperature 85F or warmer.

2) Run content that is GPU and CPU intensive. I recommend a series of HD videos in a loop.

3) Wait 8 to 24 Hours

4) Unplug Compute Stick and plug it back in.

5) ... It will fail to boot for the remainder of the day, even after it cools down.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi,

Is the Intel® Compute stick currently running the latest BIOS?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26448/BIOS-Update-SCCHTAX5-86A-?product=91065 Version 0030

Please let me know your findings

Allan.
idata
Community Manager

Hi Allan --

Please see for detail around the behavior. This behavior occurs with v30 -- or at least it does not fix the stick. Please watch the video. Strangely -- I tried that same stick a few days later and it worked fine. Regarding the reproduction steps above -- it caused one stick to enter into this 'bad' state, but I couldn't reproduce it across other sticks.

idata
Community Manager

Thank you for the update. I also noticed the other open ticket you have with Intel customer support.

We will continue working on the other thread.

Alan.
JBurr6
Beginner

Intel -

What is the latest information on this issue? We have several thousand Intel Compute Sticks (STK1AW32SC) running the latest BIOS v41 and this has been an ongoing issue.

KPeh0
Beginner

Same problem here, I just turn on after take it out from box for 30 minute, it become solid blue light and no output already