cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AGill2
Beginner

Audio Out on Intel Edison

Jump to solution

Hello, Im working on an IOT audio device using the intel edison. Content will be downloaded from a server over WiFi and stored on the Edison. The files will then be run through an effects filter and played out. So far the only options ive seen to play audio or over bluetooth or with a usb sound card. But what I want to do is play audio from a speaker connected directly to the edison. Is there anyway the Edison could be setup to play audio by connecting a speaker to certain pins, or wiring up an audio jack?

1 Solution
Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hi amgill3,

The Edison doesn't have an audio output that provides the signal for a speaker. However, it has an I2S interface that you could use for audio applications, but you would have to add more hardware than just the speaker. If you are interested in the I2S interface, I recommend you to check the following document: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000005983.html Audio Setup Guide for Boards and Kits

The following thread and links might be of your interest as well:

The other ways to play sound would be the ones that you already mentioned: Bluetooth or USB.

Regards,

Diego

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hi amgill3,

The Edison doesn't have an audio output that provides the signal for a speaker. However, it has an I2S interface that you could use for audio applications, but you would have to add more hardware than just the speaker. If you are interested in the I2S interface, I recommend you to check the following document: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000005983.html Audio Setup Guide for Boards and Kits

The following thread and links might be of your interest as well:

The other ways to play sound would be the ones that you already mentioned: Bluetooth or USB.

Regards,

Diego

View solution in original post