cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NYama6
Beginner

BIOS Memory System Configuration

Jump to solution

In BIOS menu, what does the following mean ?

- Memory System Configuration

Channel Hash Value

Slice Hash Value

Number of Channel/Slice enabled

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Community Manager

If you change the memory you also need a new BIOS that works with that memory. Currently the only memory supported by the BIOS is the memory that comes with the Joule, Micron 3GB and 4GB 20/25nm. As a sanity check the BIOS also checks that the 570 has 4 GB and the 550 has 3GB.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello Naooan,

I understand you are trying to learn more about certain entries in the BIOS Memory System Configuration. I've been looking at the documentation we have available, and I need more time before I come up with an answer.

I'll be contacting you if I find relevant information.

Regards,

Andres

NYama6
Beginner

Hello Andres

Thank you for the reply.

Actually I changed LPDDR4 on Intel Joule. But it didn't work as Noboot.

So I thought I have to change BIOS configuration in Memory part or something.

Do you have any information for it?

Regards,

Naooan

idata
Community Manager

Hello Naooan,

In order to fully understand what the issue is, could you please explain to me what you are trying to accomplish or what the issue you are experiencing is? From what I read, you changed the RAM (LPDDR4), was it done at a software level or a hardware level?

I searched for information regarding "Noboot", but I didn't found any information (do you mean that your Joule is not booting? or is it a term/command/message?). Could you rephrase your concern in that matter?

Once we have that information we will be able to provide better assistance.

Regards,

Andres

NYama6
Beginner

Hello Andres

Thank you for the reply

I changed RAM(LPDDR4) on Intel Joule at a hardware level to test it.

And I'm sorry to confuse.

Noboot means Joule is not booting after changing RAM.

Regards.

Naooan

idata
Community Manager

Hello Naooan,

Thank you for the information provided, now I understand what you did. Changing the RAM of your Joule may bring up a number of possible errors, on a software and a hardware level, and that may or may not be related to the booting issue.

Knowing more about why you decided to change the memory may help us provide better assistance. I would recommend you to check if you are using the correct RAM (4GB LPDDR4 for the 570x Joule, 3GB LPDDR4 for the 550x Joule).

Nevertheless, you should keep in mind that since you changed the LPDDR4 RAM of your Joule module, the issue is out of the scope of this technical support team.

Regards,

Andres

idata
Community Manager

Are you saying you actually physically removed the RAM in the Joule module and replaced it with different RAM or did you change the setting in the BIOS configuration menu?

NYama6
Beginner

Hello RVG

I actually physically removed the RAM in the Joule module and replaced it with different RAM.

Regards.

Naooan

idata
Community Manager

Did you replace with the same size RAM? If you changed the size that could be a problem. I'm pretty sure the BIOS looks for a certain size of RAM based on the model of Joule, 4 GB for the 570 and 3GB for the 550. What did you replace it with (manufacturer)?

NYama6
Beginner

Hello RVG

I changed default RAM to Samsung K3RG2G20BM-AGCH (4GB) and K3RG3G30MM-AGCH (3GB).

Both were not booting.

Regards.

Naooan

idata
Community Manager

If you change the memory you also need a new BIOS that works with that memory. Currently the only memory supported by the BIOS is the memory that comes with the Joule, Micron 3GB and 4GB 20/25nm. As a sanity check the BIOS also checks that the 570 has 4 GB and the 550 has 3GB.

View solution in original post

NYama6
Beginner

Hi RVG

Thank you for your information.

I understood this situation.

If I install BIOS for 550 to 570, can 570 work with Micron 3GB RAM?

And do you know where BIOS for 550 is?

Regards.

Naooan

idata
Community Manager

That is runtime check the BIOS makes. The 550 and 570 have the same BIOS.

NYama6
Beginner

Hi RVG

Thank you for your reply.

I understood it.

Regards.

Naooan