cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

BOXSTK2M3W64CC sound issue

Hi,

I have a random issue with BOXSTK2M3W64CC and Windows 10 provided with it.

Sometimes I lost the sound on Windows and I have a red cross on ear icon in Windows 10.

Windows said none sound device is installed, I try to fix it automatically with Windows a restart is required.

After the reboot of BOXSTK2M3W64CC it's working again and the issue can happened again later.

I updated the compute stick with the last drivers but this random issue still persist...

I tried yesterday an update of last Windows version.

I keep you informed.

Thanks

0 Kudos
13 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi,

Same behaviour with last windows update.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

What Windows version specifically did you update to?

I have both Core m3 and Core m5 CC ICS and have never seen a loss of sound. I have them both routed through a HDMI KVM. Is your ICS behind a switch of any kind? That is, is switching the TV (or the receiver if the ICS is routed through one) to another input and back part of scenario for when sound is lost?

...S

RRebe2
Novice

I'm also having the same problem, the stick is connected directly to the hdmi of the tv so therefore it must give me audio from the tv, luckily for me I listen via Bluetooth so this issue doesn't bother me, I hope intel fixes this in their next bios.

Nathan_M_Intel
Employee

I am facing the same issue with the m5 processor version (STK2mv64CC), using Windows 10 Education edition. Reboot seems to be the only thing to fix it. Really hope to see an update soon!

Nathan_M_Intel
Employee

I found an annoying but effective workaround for now:

open Device Manager

Find the 'Sound' list item, expand it

Right-click on the Intel audio device, then click 'uninstall'

Then click on the "Scan for hardware changes" button (rightmost icon in the row of icons near the top of Device Manager)

idata
Community Manager

Hi,

Thank Nathan this workaround is working for me too.

idata
Community Manager

Hello all,

To greggg and the peers;

Please make sure that you have following drivers up to date;

Let me know how that goes.

Regards,

Amy.

idata
Community Manager

Hi /thread/109025 greggg,

I am following up your thread, and I wanted to check if you were able to follow the suggestion mentioned above.

Regards,

Amy.

idata
Community Manager

Hi,

No, like my computer stick working now, except this random issue with the sound, I restart the computer or uninstall/install the driver in order to fix it.

Thanks

idata
Community Manager

/thread/109025 greggg, just to confirm; were you able to update your Intel® Chipset driver? Here is the link in case you haven't done it; https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26330/Intel-Chipset-Device-Software-for-Intel-NUC?product=... Download Intel® Chipset Device Software for Intel® NUC. The link says that the download is for the Intel® NUC Kit, but his driver will work with your Intel® Compute Stick. It is listed on the "This download is valid for the product(s) listed below." section.

Regards,

Amy.

Nathan_M_Intel
Employee

I still have the issue, even though I updated the BIOS and chipset last week... but am using an old version of the audio driver that Customer Service provided me to test. I think Customer Service will provide me another version to try today. If not, I'll try out the latest driver on the Intel website.

Nathan_M_Intel
Employee

So far the Microsoft driver (i.e. totally delete the Intel driver) seems to be the most stable... it doesn't always have broken audio upon waking from sleep, but after a few sleep/wake cycles it will stop working... then the workaround (Device Manager, enable/disable or uninstall/reinstall Audio device) works for another handful of sleep/wake cycles, until the workaround fails to yield audio and I am forced to reboot.

idata
Community Manager

Keep us posted.

Regards,

Amy.