Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GGuyA
Beginner

Bit Locker on Intel Compute Stick CS325 (BOXSTK2m3W64CC)?

Does anyone know if it is possible to install Bit Locker on Intel Compute Stick CS325 (BOXSTK2m3W64CC)?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DeanG
New Contributor I

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer:

1. You will need to install Windows 10 Professional in order to use BitLocker.
  2. Upgrade your Compute Stick to the latest BIOS version for your model. Then, boot into the BIOS. If you find a setting labeled "PTT" (Platform Trust Technology), select "Enable". That will enable TPM functionality, which supports BitLocker without the issues mentioned in # 3 below.
  3. Otherwise, your model of Compute Stick apparently does not support TPM functionality (see http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/intel-nuc-boards/000007452.html Trusted Platform Module Information ). You will have to use another method (ie, PIN or USB memory stick) in order to authenticate access each time you boot. Depending on how you use the Stick, this may be inconvenient ...
idata
Community Manager

Hello, Guy100,

I believe that the previous answers your question; however, if you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy.

DeanG
New Contributor I

Intel Corporation wrote:

Hello,Guy100,

I believe that the previous answers your question; however, if you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy.

Actually, based on my recent Intel BIOS upgrade to my STK1AW32SC (which enabled TPM functionality), I have to modify my prior answer (updated above).

idata
Community Manager

Awesome .

Thank for your sharing that with us, and let's hope it can help /thread/107054 Guy100.

Regards,

Amy.

GGuyA
Beginner

Thanks a lot DeanGibson for your responds,

I should receive the Stick next week and will try it,

Will let you know,

Thanks again,

idata
Community Manager

Keep us posted.

Regards,