cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NChid
Novice

Bluetooth file transfer intel edison

Hi,

Can someone guide me in transferring a file to and fro from a computer to intel edison?

Thanks,

Nagarjuna

Tags (1)
10 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello nag96chidara,

In section 6.13 of Edison's Bluetooth Guide ( http://www.intel.com/support/edison/sb/CS-035381.htm) the obex FTP profile is explained. In section 6.13.1.2 you can find how to transfer files using this profile to and from a Linux PC. I suggest you to read not only this section but the entire guide as there are some parts that are not explained in this section that were covered before in the document.

Let me know if this helps you.

-Peter.
idata
Community Manager

Hi nag96chidara,

Do you have any updates? Did the guide found in the Bluetooth Guide helped you?

-Peter.
NChid
Novice

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reference. I am able to establish the connection between my edison and my android mobile. I am not able to send or receive any file from my mobile. It takes certain time showing that its getting connected but at last it gets disconnected later. As per your guide, IN the section 6.13, the I am able to follow up to the first screenshot, but I cannot follow further as my device is getting disconnected. Please let me know how to solve.

Thanks,

Nagarjuna

idata
Community Manager

What image are you using? Could you please post screenshots of the issue you are receiving?

-Peter.
NChid
Novice

Hi Peter,

When I did this, it says that the device is not discoverable or something else but I don't get it. Here I attach the screenshots of the mobile and the screen. Please go through them once and help me sorting out the issue. The images are arranged in sequence.

And my laptop screen shows thisway.

idata
Community Manager

Did you make sure to enable the obex service? It is not displayed on your screenshots. Could you please also share the version of the image that you are using? You can verify it with the command cat /etc/version.

-Peter.
NChid
Novice

Hi Peter,

The below screenshot shows the version of the image I am using and would you please let me know how to enable the obex service?

idata
Community Manager

Please use the command cat /etc/version, it is different than what you see in /proc/version, the difference is that the latter has the kernel information and the former specifies the specific build.

In order to enable the obex service you have to enter the command systemctl start obex. You have to enter the command in the regular terminal not in the bluetoothctl environment. In order to check if obex is currently available you have to enter bluetoothctl and then the command show, you should see an option that says "UUID: OBEX File Transfer" and "UUID: OBEX Object Push".

Let me know.

-Peter.
NChid
Novice

Hi peter,

Here I attach the screenshot of cat /etc/version. Now I'm trying again by starting obex, will update you with the results.

idata
Community Manager

Please do let us know if it makes a difference now that you've enabled the be service.

-Peter.