cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PHand1
Novice

Bug for BIOS 1H3

I'd like to submit a bug report for bios 1h3:

It appears that the bios does not save any changes through reboot, is anyone else having this issue?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi PeterHand,

Thanks for reaching out.

I haven't tried this, I want to know more details about this bug, could you please tell me what you are trying to change? I want to try to replicate this issue. Please include any details that you consider helpful.

I will be waiting for your reply.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Leonardo R.
idata
Community Manager

I'm interested in this as well. Today I updated a brand new 550x to the 1H3 BIOS. We use IoT Core and so have changed the OS Selection to Windows from Linux. Regardless every time it boots it says Loading Linux. The Windows does appear to boot though. So it may just be reading it back from flash and displaying incorrectly.

C-Coder

PHand1
Novice

My main project with the 570x right now involves USB communication, so the settings I was messing with were in Device Setup -> South Cluster Configuration -> USB. Any saved option seems to revert on reboot - I also tried disabling some CPU cores as a test and the result was the same. I was able to make all of these changes on BIOS 1F1 and older. I was going to try both reflashing the BIOS , and trying a different board, this afternoon.

Peter

idata
Community Manager

It seems that just about any change in the BIOS is reverted back when you go back into it.

idata
Community Manager

I reflashed mine as such:

Flash.bat -clear

and that seems to have fixed my issue with it saving the settings. Did you try that?

C-Coder

idata
Community Manager

Hi guys,

Thanks for the information.

I tried to change the USB configuration, and I had the same issue. I will investigate more about this, I will let you know when I have updates. I will check C-Coder's suggestion too, thanks by the way.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Leonardo R.
idata
Community Manager

Hello PeterHand,

This issue will be resolved on BIOS release 1JX set for July 2017. Please see the announcement for more details: https://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-112092 https://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-112092.

Regards,

Leonardo R.