cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager

Build Quark Bios update capsule image

Hello All,

I am trying to build a Quark Bios update capsule image in my EDK2 enviroment. But it is failing with below errors. Kindly request you to help me out with this.

Build Command : build -a IA32 -t VS2010x86 -p QuarkPlatformPkg\Quark.dsc -D CAPSULE_ENABLE

References: https://github.com/tianocore/edk2/tree/master/QuarkPlatformPkg https://github.com/tianocore/edk2/tree/master/QuarkPlatformPkg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Generating CAPSULEDISPATCHFV FV

#

Generating SYSTEMFIRMWAREUPDATECARGO FV

#

Generate QUARKFIRMWAREUPDATECAPSULEFMPPKCS7 Capsule

# Return Value = 1

OpenSSL 0.9.8g 19 Oct 2007

#

# ['Pkcs7Sign', '-e', '--monotonic-count', '2', '-o', 'c:\\sspro\\build\\Build\\Quark\\DEBUG_VS2010x86\\FV\\QUARKFIRMWAREUPDATECAPSULEFMPPKCS7.tmp', 'c:\\sspro\\

build\\Build\\Quark\\DEBUG_VS2010x86\\FV\\SYSTEMFIRMWAREUPDATECARGO.Fv']

GenFds...

: error 7000: Failed to generate FMP auth capsule

build...

: error 7000: Failed to execute command

GenFds -f c:\sspro\build\edk2\QuarkPlatformPkg\Quark.fdf --conf=c:\sspro\build\edk2\conf -o c:\sspro\build\Build\Quark\DEBUG_VS2010x86 -t VS2010x86 -b DEB

UG -p c:\sspro\build\edk2\QuarkPlatformPkg\Quark.dsc -a IA32 -D "EFI_SOURCE=c:\\sspro\\build\\edk2\\edkcompatibilitypkg" -D "EDK_SOURCE=c:\\sspro\\build\\edk2\\

edkcompatibilitypkg" -D "TOOL_CHAIN_TAG=VS2010x86" -D "TOOLCHAIN=VS2010x86" -D "TARGET=DEBUG" -D "FAMILY=MSFT" -D "CAPSULE_ENABLE=TRUE" -D "SECURE_BOOT_ENAB

LE=TRUE" -D "WORKSPACE=c:\\sspro\\build" -D "EDK_TOOLS_PATH=c:\\sspro\\build\\edk2\\basetools" -D "ARCH=IA32" -D "ECP_SOURCE=c:\\sspro\\build\\edk2\\edkcompat

ibilitypkg" [c:\sspro\build]

- Failed -

Build end time: 16:24:46, Jan.02 2017

Build total time: 00:04:43

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks & Regards,

Aravind.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Aravind,

Thanks for reaching out!

I'm a little bit confused by the link you shared. Is this the guide you are following? Or, is this information written by you?

Could you please provide us a deeper inside on what you're doing? A step by step would be great.

Anyway, you might be interested in reading the X1000's UEFI Firmware Writers Guide that can be found in the X1000's BSP 1.2.1.1 documentation ( https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23197/Intel-Quark-SoC-X1000-Board-Support-Package-BSP-).

I'll be waiting for your response.

-Peter.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Peter,

Thank for your quick response.

With regards to the link that I have shared, I am following the steps provided in that to build the bios image for Galileo Gen2 board.

I am trying to build a update capsule image (bios firmware image), so that I can upgrade bios flash from either UEFI shell or linux. In order to build the capsule image I am following the step suggested in the link that I have shared eailer which uses CAPSULE_ENABLE flag to generate a capsule image.

Eg: build -a IA32 -t VS2010x86 -p QuarkPlatformPkg\Quark.dsc -D CAPSULE_ENABLE

As per the guide, this will generate a QUARKFIRMWAREUPDATECAPSULEFMPPKCS7.Cap

I want to use the above generated file and upgrade bios in runtime i.e by following section 10.3 step 5 of Intel Quark SoC X1000 Board Support Package (BSP) Build and Software User Guide.

Thanks & Regards,

Aravind.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

I understand, in that case I'd recommend you to try following the official documentation on how to create the capsule image. You can find this information in section 22 of the UEFI Firmware Writers Guide for the Intel® Quark™ SoC X1000 which can be found in http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/guides/quark-x1000-uefi-firmware-writers.... This document has a ton of information some of it could have been missed on the other guide.

Try this and let us know how it goes.

-Peter.
0 Kudos