Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Can Intel please start software and driver support for ReactOS?

This question is off topic, there wasn't a field for Software support. 

Any ways, ReactOS is an open-source OS that is based off an NT kernel, so it can run Windows based programs. However, lots of Intel (and many other) drivers don't work. Either the driver refuses to install, doesn't install correctly, or crashes and destroys the OS. While this could be because the OS is in alpha mode, I suspect that it could be because Intel never designed exe files with ReactOS in mind. I really hope Intel takes this seriously and will actually help out. Better driver support leads to more OS users.

Thanks,

Reactions

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Employee

Hello Reactions, Thank you for your interest in the Intel Products. Unfortunately, we cannot assist you with this question on the Makers Community. Please let us know what is the Intel Product for which the drivers do not work in order to direct you to the right Team. Thank you, Eliza
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Eliza,

Thank you for responding! This isn't for one specific product drivers. Rather, it's a combination of Graphics, Ethernet, WI-FI, USB, Firmware drivers, and the list goes on. Since there wasn't a topic group that I could find for drivers and software support, I tried to put it here. If you know where to move this to, that would much appreciated!

Thanks,

Reactions

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hello Reactions, We understand that this is a issue related to ReactOS, but in order to be able to assist you, we will need to know what are the Intel Products involved. Could you please make a list here? Also, are you using a NUC or a PC? Thank you, Eliza
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Eliza,

Thanks again for responding, much appreciated! So, I can't give you a list of the hardware that 4000+ users have, but I can give you mine.

CPU: I7 3770

GPU: Integrated(After installing the driver, the OS never works again) + Radeon RX 560(I've also reached out to AMD for better drover support as well)

RAM: 12GB DDR3

HDD: WD Blue 1TB

LAN: Intel 1 Gigabit (Install doesn't install it correctly, but it's a pain in the butt)

No, it is not a NUC, but, once again, I can't speak for the 4000+ others.

Thanks,

Reactions

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Reactions, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support. We really appreciate your comments, I will send your feedback to the proper department for them to be aware of your suggestions. However, at this point, the only supported Operating System is Windows*. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos