Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MJaqu
Novice

Can't load intel i586 core from board manager of the Arduino ID

Jump to solution

Hello

I have a Problem with the Download of the "Intel i586" core. At the ID version 1.6.6 or 1.6.5, Arduino says that the link is no longer available.At the ID version 1.6.2 (is used in the Tutorials), Arduino says that i have no internet connection, but I have already an internet connection. What can I do now?

ErrorDescription

Arduino ID 1.6.2

Arduino ID has no connection to internet, but I have already internet connection.

Arduino ID 1.6.6

Arduino ID can't find the Download-Link.

Information about my Configuration.

- My operating system is windows 7 Prorfessionel (64 Bit)

- The Arduino ID was upload on https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software Arduino - Software

- There is no SD-Cart in the SD-Slot

I also installed the Ardunion ID (1.6.5) from the "Getting started" Page on Intel https://software.intel.com/en-us/iot/library/galileo-getting-started IoT - Intel® Galileo Board Get Started Guide | Intel® Developer Zone, but there was the same problem.

Thanks in Advanced.

Regards

Marcel

1 Solution
Pedro_M_Intel
Employee

Hello Marcel,

I believe I know what's happening to you. I was experiencing the same behavior in my PC using Arduino 1.6.6. In my case I was using a VPN that was causing the issue. The moment I exited the VPN my IDE was able to download the i586 add-on. Do you think something like this could be happening to you? Maybe you are not on a VPN but a firewall could be causing the same effect, is there any restrictions in your network?

Peter.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Pedro_M_Intel
Employee

Hello Marcel,

I believe I know what's happening to you. I was experiencing the same behavior in my PC using Arduino 1.6.6. In my case I was using a VPN that was causing the issue. The moment I exited the VPN my IDE was able to download the i586 add-on. Do you think something like this could be happening to you? Maybe you are not on a VPN but a firewall could be causing the same effect, is there any restrictions in your network?

Peter.

View solution in original post

MJaqu
Novice

Hello Peter

Thanks for the answer. I think the firewall of the company has blocked the Arduino ID. I also have the Arduino board at home tested. There I was able to install it properly. Now i will try to turn off the firewall briefly.

Regards

Marcel

Carlos_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Marcel,

Do you have updates on this? Have you been able to download the Board packages on your PC?

Have you tried deleting the Arduino15 folder in C:\Users\you\AppData\Roaming for 1.6.5 and C:\Users\you\AppData\Local for 1.6.6?

Regards,

Charlie

MJaqu
Novice

Hello Charlie

Thanks for your answer. I think Peter is right with the network blocked. But I will also test to delete the arduino folder you say.

Regards

Marcel