Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CChir1
Novice

Can't open terminal in serial connection

I am using FTDI cable 3.3V , I have installed the latest FTDI drivers for windows 64 bit and I am unable to open terminal with the help of PUTTY and TERA TERM.

7 Replies
FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

Hi ChiChi,

What Intel Galileo are you using (either "Intel Galileo" or "Intel Galileo Gen2")? Take a look at , where some differences are explained specifically on FTDI cables.

Did you install the corresponding Intel Galileo driver?

Did you upgrade the Intel Galileo firmware?

Fernando.

CChir1
Novice

I am using galileo gen 2. My FTDI cable is 3.3v TTL UART serial cable,connector end,1.5m,TTL-232R-3v3 and yes i have installed the corresponding drivers and updated the galileo firm ware as well. Well me and my friend both did it but on mine there is CDC serial port error as well and on his system their is no CDC serial port error but still putty terminal doesn't open up.

FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

I see... let me see if I can help...

Please unplug everything, open the device manager and send a screen capture in this state.

Then, plug in the USB connected to the Intel Galileo Gen2 FTDI, and send a screen capture showing the device manager in this state.

Take into account that the Intel Galileo (and Intel Galileo Gen2) serial connection is not related to the driver needed to program the Intel Galileo (and Intel Galileo Gen2) via the Arduino IDE. Your serial connection should be seen as a COM port regardles of the CDC serial, AFAIK.

HTH,

Fernando.

CChir1
Novice

This is the screenshot that shows device manager before connecting anything

This screenshot contains device manager after connecting FTDI cable

NOTE - THIS IS THE SYSTEM WHICH IS NOT HAVING ANY CDC SERIAL ERROR.

FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

Hi ChiChi,

ChiChi wrote:

his is the screenshot that shows device manager before connecting anything

This screenshot contains device manager after connecting FTDI cable

NOTE - THIS IS THE SYSTEM WHICH IS NOT HAVING ANY CDC SERIAL ERROR.

Right, this is how it has to be so far. Now, it seems to be that your card connection through the USB is recognized in COM4 thus, you should use PuTTY or any other similar program to connect to your card. Remember the settings you should use:

a) The com port in which your card connection is recognized

b) 115200 bauds

c) Serial connection

In case you use PuTTY, settings should look like this:

HTH,

Fernando.

CChir1
Novice

Thanks for the help!!!

FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

You're welcome!!!