I cannot use the Arduino IDE on a Debian stretch machine with an Edison.
Things work perfectly with an arduino board but when I try to add the edison board on the list I get a post-installation message failure telling that +111 is an invalid mode. It seems to be a known bug "+111" must be replaced by "/111".
The boards installs itself anyway but when compiling the message find invalid mode +111 comes back and the script aborts.
Does anybody experienced the same bug (probably deprecated changed to invalid in stretch) ?
Is it possible to get this fixed (hoping that there is no consequence to this change)....I am stuck with my Edison because on one hand I cannot use the IDE tto monitor a TH02 sensor and I cannot use the direct way with mraa and upm because upm TH2 module is buggy yielding no measurement . If anybody knows a TH02 lib using mraa I may try to insert it in upm, that will enable to get measurements at least...
Thanks for any contribution.
In that case I would suggest you to use the Arduino 1.6.0, it already includes Edison/Galileo. I have not tested it on a Debian PC (since I currently don't have access to one) but you shouldn't have issues with this IDE. You can find it on https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24355/Intel-Arduino-IDE-1-6-0 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24355/Intel-Arduino-IDE-1-6-0, let us know if the issue persists or if you are able to use this Arduino IDE.
Thanks for your quick answer,
I am away from my Edison at the moment but I will check as soon as possible.
Before leaving I have tried to change +111 with /111 in the script file in the ~/.arduino15 hierarchy ./packages/Intel/tools/core2-32-poky-linux/1.6.2+1.0/i686/install_script.sh then executed the script... Everything went well and the IDE was again functional for compilation.
Unfortunately I was not able to test the transfer properly because my Edison is not swowing up in the FileManager at the moment and it does not display the ttyACM0 in the IDE. I think that the IDE imay not be the culprit for that because I made an opkg update/upgrade with the extra repositories not commented (INTEL should think about putting at least sudo, rsync and nano in the standard distribution of the image or propose a non-free repository if needed to prevent enthusiastic linuxians to mess everything up like I did); that lead to an "out of memory", whose consequences are unpredictable. I will flash an image tonight to perform a trustfull verification an let you know about the situation.
For the moment I have downloaded the 1.6.0 and it does not work either with the same problem ! As suggested it is probably a change in find command in Debian stretch distribution +111 has become invalid and no more deprecated, and the problem appears at each execution of the script (man find is giving some clues) . The following image displays 1.6.0 standard and 1.6.7 with my amendment for blink compilation.
Thanks again, stay tuned more info to come
I have flashed my Edison and.... Tataa..... with the change /111 in place of +111 on IDE 1.6.7 it works perfectly (I have just tested blink but that's enough). The compilation error remains with 1.6.0.
Tu summarize my observations:
My IDE is working I am happy again Thanks for the help, let me know if you can confirm my observation and workaround.
I'm glad to hear that you were able to make it work, unfortunately as I don't have access to a Debian PC I can't test your workaround but I'm sure it'll help other users that are experiencing the same problem, thank you for sharing it!