I'm not able to cast to chromecast a simple webpage (it's a google document page that I need to cast to a different monitor)
After a while I've launched the webpage to the chromecast from within chrome the wifi icon in the lower right corner near the clock get the yellow mark and it's like frozen. The wifi module is not responding even if I try to disable it etc. I can only detach the power from the compute stick or force it shut down with the button and turn it on again.
Trying to rebooting windows 10 make the system crash and hang with a bsod.
The compute stick is the first model and it has windows 10. Thw wifi driver are the latest version there is on intel download center.
I understand that you are having problems with the wifi connection of your Intel® Compute Stick.
Regarding this problem, I would like to recommend you to perform some troubleshooting steps.
- Please let me know how is the Intel® Compute Stick being powered on, power adapter included or USB connected directly to a USB port on the TV or monitor?
- Try to access the device manager, look for the Wi-Fi adapter and uninstall/Install the driver for the adapter.
- Please make sure you are using the following driver: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25071/Wireless-Realtek-wireless-adapter-driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25071/Wireless-Realtek-wireless-adapter-driver
- Flush DNS, below more steps on how to do this.
Flush DNS process:
* Press "Windows Logo" + "X" keys on the keyboard and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the list.
* In the command prompt window, type the following command and press Enter after each command.
netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
netsh winsock reset catalog
* Type Exit in the command prompt window and then restart the computer.
Please perform the steps above and advise me if the problem persists.
Tried everything. The wifi module just crash or better "something goes wrong" while streaming after a while and made the wifi crash.
Nothing change if I uninstall and reinstall the wifi card. The drivers are the latest version.
I'm gonna make a complete clean windows 10 reinstall, hopefully it will solve the issue.