Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

Cannot connect Galileo Gen. 1 to PC, power LED blinks

Jump to solution

Hello everyone!

I just got Intel Galileo Gen. 1 with 5V/2A power supply and I want to connect it to my PC with Windows 7, with no luck. When I plug in the power cable, Galileo's power LED blinks approx. once a second. When I connect the USB cable, it is on all the time, but Galileo is not recognized in Windows. Here is the http://sendvid.com/suyecn35 video I recorded.

Could you help me?

1 Solution
asss
Valued Contributor II

Hi,

because ON LED and Ethernet LED are flashing simultaneously, there is a problem with a power supply.

What kind of problem is a good question. It may be a problem with a power adapter.

It is better to find another 5V power adapter and check.

BR,

xbolshe

View solution in original post

4 Replies
asss
Valued Contributor II

Hi,

because ON LED and Ethernet LED are flashing simultaneously, there is a problem with a power supply.

What kind of problem is a good question. It may be a problem with a power adapter.

It is better to find another 5V power adapter and check.

BR,

xbolshe

View solution in original post

Pedro_M_Intel
Employee

Hello rugby,

I agree with xbolshe, but if you want to make sure the issue is related to the power supply you could measure its output with a voltmeter to check if its in fact 5v.

Peter.

FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

I agree with previous posts, the most likely problem is the power supply, are you using the one included with the Galileo card? (most of power supply problems I've seen are related to using a "similar" one, not the original). Make sure V and A are the required ones).

HTH,

Fernando.

idata
Community Manager

No, I am using an unofficial power supply, which claims to be 2A/5V. Thanks for the replies, I will try with another one.