cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AChav6
Novice

Cannot connect to the Edison from Intel IoT XDK

Hello,

I have been trying for ages to connect to my Edison from the IoT XDK to no avail. I keep getting the error: Error on ssh connection: Error: All configured authentication methods failed.

I have followed all the required steps from the https://software.intel.com/en-us/getting-started-with-the-intel-xdk-iot-edition setup tutorial and I still get the same error. However,the surprising thing is that I am able to connect to the board via both the SSH terminal and Serial terminal in the XDK as shown

I am using the latest edison image 159.devkit. The Edison address is 192.168.1.125, got that from >>ip address | grep wlan0. I have also ran configure_edison --password to set up the password and the board is automatically detected in the XDK,so everything should be fine,but it isn't. Below are the screenshots of the process and the error.

I do not know what's wrong,this is really frustrating. Kindly assist.

Tags (1)
7 Replies
FBuit
Innovator

have you tried to do configure_edison --setup and re-configure all your Edison´s settings?

Regards¡

AChav6
Novice

I already did that,even reflashed the latest edison image to the board,still didn't resolve the issue.

Pedro_M_Intel
Employee

Hello Roy_MA,

That's an abnormal behavior, are you sure you are running the latest xdk-daemon/xdk version/Yocto image?

In case you don't have the xdk-daemon or you don't know which version you have installed, you can get the latest version with the following commands:

opkg update

opkg install xdk-daemon

You can find which version of the Edson's image you are using wit the command configure_edsion --version. In case you need it, the latest image can be found in http://software.intel.com/en-us/iot/hardware/edison/downloads Intel® Edison Downloads.

Peter.

AChav6
Novice

Updating the xdk-daemon i get Package xdk-daemon (0.0.35-r0) installed in root is up to date. I am also using the latest edison image 159.devkit.

The error still persists.

Pedro_M_Intel
Employee

It seems that the issue is generated on the PC, and it's probably due to XDK. In that case, I'd suggest you to uninstall the XDK and install it again. Did you install it using the integrated installer? If so, I'd suggest you to install the standalone version that you can find in: https://software.intel.com/en-us/iot/software/ide IoT - IDEs | Intel® Developer Zone.

In case the issue persists after installing the XDK again, I'd test it on another PC to see if the issue is the PC.

Peter.

Carlos_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Roy_MA

Have you been able to use your board with the XDK?

Regards,

Charlie

AChav6
Novice

Hi Charlie,

Unfortunately, I haven't. Really tried but was not able to find a solution.

I've resolved to instead uploading the node,js files to the board and running them directly from there with node scriptname.js

Regards,

Roy.