cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor II

Cannot install Intel System Studio IoT Edition on Windows 10

Jump to solution

I tryed to install Intel System Studio IoT Edition on my Windows 10 computer but only get an error.

How do I fix this?

!!!!Here is the error I got!!!!

Intel® System Studio IoT Edition Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error(s).

Can't create/start docker machine: Running pre-create checks...

Error with pre-create check: "This computer is running Hyper-V. VirtualBox won't boot a 64bits VM when Hyper-V is activated. Either use Hyper-V as a driver, or disable the Hyper-V hypervisor. (To skip this check, use --virtualbox-no-vtx-check)"

finished with error 3

To install this program at a later time, run Setup Wizard again. Click the Finish button to exit the Setup Wizard.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Employee

Hello Kim,

Thank you for interest in the Intel® Edison Breakout Board.

The error you got implies that as long as you have Hyper-V running, the installation process won't be successful. In order to disable Hyper-V, right click on the Windows button and select "Programs and Features", select Turn Windows Features on or off, and leave the Hyper-V box unchecked and click OK (you may need to restart your PC).

Some costumers have experienced similar issues related to the VirtualBox and/or Docker Toolbox installation. In case you are using one of those programs, reinstall it and/or check that you are using the lasted version.

We will appreciate if you share your experience once you try the previous suggestions.

Regards,

Andres

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Employee

Hello Kim,

Thank you for interest in the Intel® Edison Breakout Board.

The error you got implies that as long as you have Hyper-V running, the installation process won't be successful. In order to disable Hyper-V, right click on the Windows button and select "Programs and Features", select Turn Windows Features on or off, and leave the Hyper-V box unchecked and click OK (you may need to restart your PC).

Some costumers have experienced similar issues related to the VirtualBox and/or Docker Toolbox installation. In case you are using one of those programs, reinstall it and/or check that you are using the lasted version.

We will appreciate if you share your experience once you try the previous suggestions.

Regards,

Andres

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Kim,

I'll like to know if you had the chance to turn off the Hyper-V program and to check for the last update of your VirtualBox program.

In case you did, we would highly appreciate if you would let us know the outcome of these.

Regards,

Andres
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor II

The computer I was using was an older type.

I got my self an New Laptop With Intel i3 CPU.

Looks like its working now, get no error installing the software.

0 Kudos