Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MBLAN6
Beginner

Carpeta Otros en Uso de Almacenamiento

Hola. Como se hace para liberar el espacio que ocupa la carpeta Otros en Uso de Almacenamiento? Tiene 15.7 gb!! Saludos.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello blancocrozes:

Thank you very much for joining the Intel® compute stick community.

In regard to your inquiry, depending on the Windows you are using you can always look for the folder on the search bar, to find the location of it, and then try to delete some of the information in it to free space.

Or also, in order to find it, you can look for that folder under the "C" partition, If you are using Windows® 10, please enter "This PC" on the search bar "cortana" and you will be able to see the "C" partition in there.

Please let me know the results of trying the steps above.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards

Alberto

MBLAN6
Beginner

Hola Alberto:

Tengo instalado Windows 10 y de los casi 30 gb de memoria interna del stick, sólo me quedan libres 800 mb. No tengo descargado nada. Solo hice la actualización de Windows 8.1 a 10 hace un tiempo. No puedo encontrar la versión anterior de Windows para borrarla, y sospecho que eso es lo que ocupa tanto espacio.

Buscando la carpeta Otros en "Este equipo" no aparece.

Gracias, saludos.

Marcelo.

idata
Community Manager

Hello blancocrozes:

Thank you very much for providing those details.

Just to make sure, how do you know that the folder exists?

Could you please provide a screen shot of where you see it?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards

Alberto

MBLAN6
Beginner

Hola Alberto:

Van tres capturas de pantalla. La primera y segunda es de la ubicación Este equipo dónde está Otros. La tercera con el contenido de Otros. Pero ninguna de estas carpetas tiene ese tamaño tan grande.

Saludos.

Marcelo,

idata
Community Manager

Hello blancocrozes:

Thank you very much for providing those pictures and the information above.

Just to let you know, the file for the recovery partition of the operating system is located inside the "otros" folder. That file will not be visible in there, that is why you cannot locate a file that big within the "otros" folder. The size of the partition actually matches the size you are seeing along with the folders included in there.

So, in order to have more storage space you can try to delete any application or program that you are not using, or also another option will be to purchase a SD card to add more space.

Just in case, on the following link you will find different models of SD cards that were tested by Intel with that compute stick:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/intel-compute-stick/000006029.html http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/intel-compute-stick/000006029.html

You will find different products that are not listed there, that does not mean they will not work is just that they were not tested by Intel.

Regards

Alberto
idata
Community Manager

Hello blancocrozes:

I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you, and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards

Alberto

MBLAN6
Beginner

Hola Alberto:

Gracias por la ayuda.

Inserté una sd card y solucioné el problema de falta de capacidad, pero no pude eliminar esos archivos que me están ocupando tanto lugar.

Saludos.

Marcelo.

idata
Community Manager

Hello blancocrozes:

You are welcome.

It is great to hear that you were able to insert an SD card to resolve the problem with the size for storage.

And yes, since the folder belongs to the "recovery partition" of the operating system it cannot be deleted and it will not be visible in the "otros" folder.

Any other inquiry, do not hesitate in contact us again.

Regards

Alberto