Intel® Makers
Intel® Edison, Intel® Joule™, Intel® Curie™, Intel® Galileo
Announcements
Welcome - This is a Peer-to-Peer Forum only. Intel has discontinued these products but you may find support from other customers on this Forum
9874 Discussions

Cloud database suggestions for Intel Edison (newbie)

TTony5
New Contributor I

Hello All!

I am an electronics student starting a project for a course where I am using an Intel Edison with the Arduino Kit as a gateway for a wireless network. I need to upload data to the cloud which can be stored in a SQL database or in similar way. I have checked IoT analytics but it seems that it only works for sensor data, however I need to store data that can be queried similarly to SQL.

I am new on this topic, so I'm sorry if not being accurate, I would appreciate suggestions for platforms where I can implement this in the easiest way possible.

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution
Pablo_M_Intel
Employee

Hi TonyMontes,

There are other posts regarding Intel Edison and working with SQL, I would suggest you to check these two and . Besides these two posts, there are some guides on how to use your Edison board with some other data platforms like Google Cloud https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/enabling-google-cloud-on-the-intel-edison-board?language=d... IoT - Enabling Google Cloud on the Intel® Edison Board | Intel® Developer Zone.

Regards,

PabloM_Intel

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Pablo_M_Intel
Employee

Hi TonyMontes,

There are other posts regarding Intel Edison and working with SQL, I would suggest you to check these two and . Besides these two posts, there are some guides on how to use your Edison board with some other data platforms like Google Cloud https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/enabling-google-cloud-on-the-intel-edison-board?language=d... IoT - Enabling Google Cloud on the Intel® Edison Board | Intel® Developer Zone.

Regards,

PabloM_Intel

TTony5
New Contributor I