cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Company custom Windows 10 Image

Hi there,

I am looking into purchasing a few Intel Sticks, to test the potential of using them for a Digital Signage project. Here at the company, all workstations run a Windows 10 image, custom built and deployed over LAN. This includes specific settings, registries, software and configuration.

Could you confirm if it would be possible to load this image onto the Intel Stick, and if so roughly how it would happen? We deploy the image to every newly built laptop, over LAN cable, it can't be deployed over Wi-Fi.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you need any more info.

Thanks, Sam Lambert.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello saml01,

I understand that you are looking to deploy a custom Windows 10 Image via LAN.

Regarding this, it is possible to deploy the custom Image over the LAN (PXE); however, in order to do so, first you need to check if the Intel ® Compute Stick you want supports the Windows 10 version that you have customized. You can have more information about the supported systems below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005899/mini-pcs/intel-compute-sticks.htm... Intel ® Compute Stick supported Operating Systems.

Also, you will need a LAN adapter; however, you need to make sure that the USB to LAN adapter has the following chip: ASIX AX88179. As long as you have that adapter, then the deployment of the O.S via LAN is possible.

I hope you find this helpful.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello saml01,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

Were you able to deploy the Windows* image over LAN?

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos