Intel® Makers
Intel® Edison, Intel® Joule™, Intel® Curie™, Intel® Galileo
Announcements
Welcome - This is a Peer-to-Peer Forum only. Intel has discontinued these products but you may find support from other customers on this Forum
9881 Discussions

Compustick win 10 wifi disappears

JLaak2
Beginner

There must be something weird in MS updates KB4021572, KB4040724 or KB4025342. When I started the Compustick for the first time from the package, all worked fine. After loading these updates I rebooted the stick and voila; WIFI was gone. Troubleshooting this issue did not bring any light. Only way to continue was to revert to previous release of win 10. This FYI.

Before this I experienced the same phenomena with another stick. That time it went to black screen and never woke up anymore - waiting for replacement.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello jslx7,

Thank you for joining the Intel® Compute Stick community. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your Wi-Fi connection.

Have you reported this behavior to Microsoft? Like you mentioned it seems to be related to those specific updates.

Regards,

Amy C.

idata
Community Manager

/thread/118276 jslx7,

If you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy C.

Matt_N_Intel
Employee

I have had the same issue with two compute sticks. I was able to recover one by running the install for the intel proset wireless driver from an sd card. I will be trying the same fix on the other one when I get to it. Unfortunately, I first re-installed windows thinking that would cure the problem but it didn't. I say unfortunately because now I have to reinstall all my apps.