Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JLaak2
Beginner

Compustick win 10 wifi disappears

There must be something weird in MS updates KB4021572, KB4040724 or KB4025342. When I started the Compustick for the first time from the package, all worked fine. After loading these updates I rebooted the stick and voila; WIFI was gone. Troubleshooting this issue did not bring any light. Only way to continue was to revert to previous release of win 10. This FYI.

Before this I experienced the same phenomena with another stick. That time it went to black screen and never woke up anymore - waiting for replacement.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello jslx7,

Thank you for joining the Intel® Compute Stick community. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your Wi-Fi connection.

Have you reported this behavior to Microsoft? Like you mentioned it seems to be related to those specific updates.

Regards,

Amy C.

idata
Community Manager

/thread/118276 jslx7,

If you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy C.

Matt_N_Intel
Employee

I have had the same issue with two compute sticks. I was able to recover one by running the install for the intel proset wireless driver from an sd card. I will be trying the same fix on the other one when I get to it. Unfortunately, I first re-installed windows thinking that would cure the problem but it didn't. I say unfortunately because now I have to reinstall all my apps.