Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RHarr7
Beginner

Compute Stick STK2MV64CC (CS525) working with Sandisk 400GB Ultra MicroSD

Just wanted you all to know that I have a new Intel Compute Stick STK2MV64CC (CS525) m5-6Y57 CPU that I loaded Windows 10 Professional from USB media on, and I purchased a Sandisk 400GB Ultra MicroSD Card that seems to be working fine with it. I know there are specs out there that say there is a 128GB SD card limit, but mine seems to be working fine. For even more storage, I added a 256 GB Sandisk Ultra Fit USB 3.1 Flash Drive that seems to be working fine as well. With this kind of processing power and fast, tiny, nice capacity storage, who needs a big, chunky-monkey PC with large, clunky hard drives anymore? I would still recommend an i7 processor for gamers, but since I'm not a big gamer, (although I am in I.T.), it's enough power for me. My 2TB Kingston DataTraveler Ultimate GT USB Flash Drive and Pioneer BDR-XU03 USB 3.0 BD/DVD/CD burner work fine in the USB ports on the power supply. With Windows 10 Professional, Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016, Microsoft Visio Professional 2016, Microsoft Project Professional 2016, and a few other small, choice programs, I've only taken up 23.3GB of the on-board 64GB (56.3GB formatted) capacity. And that's all I plan on loading on onboard storage (C:), is the O.S. and Programs. Everything else can go on the removable storage devices listed above. I already had a GeChic On-Lap 1503i TouchScreen Monitor that I was using as a 2nd Monitor for my Corporate Laptop. It just amazes me that it's the ONLY Portable 2nd Monitor for a Laptop that uses a HDMI Interface instead of USB. Therefore it's also the only 2nd Laptop Monitor that doesn't need a special driver, and doesn't take up extra CPU cycles. Anyway, GeChic has an Optional Rear Dock that is especially designed for a Compute Stick, and it works great. Oh, and I read on here where someone recommended you format your USB flash drives and/or SD Cards with NTFS for performance. With all due respect, that is incorrect. exFAT has lower overhead, and is therefore slightly faster than NTFS. exFAT was not only created to break the old size limit of FAT32, but designed for performance with external devices in mind. The main reason you may want to switch to NTFS is that it's more reliable. Well, I didn't mean to whip a novel on ya', but just thought I'd let peeps know what is working for me. I attached a pic with the removable devices pulled out slightly for a visual. Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RHarr7
Beginner

Whoever gave my first contribution to this community a rating of 1 out 5 when I was kind enough to take the time and effort to share what I have found that works with my time, effort, and money instead of welcoming me to the community can eat my shorts.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Actually, the system defaults to one star and it only moves up if someone specifically take the time to raise it. I frankly find it to be a waste of time, so ignore it completely; if someone deserves praise, I use the Helpful Yes and/or Like buttons...

...S