Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Compute Stick Turning Off by Itself

Jump to solution

Hello Intel Community,

I am currently running a STK1AW32SC Compute Stick with a Samsung 40 Inch LED TV as my display. The stick periodically turns off by itself close to the same time each evening, roughly around 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM. All Sleep Mode, Power Saver and Eco Settings are off on the TV. On the stick itself, Windows Power settings are set so that it never sleeps and I also made a change in the Registry so the Stick does not hibernate. The stick is also set up to display digital signage (from Rise Vision). The schedule set for the digital signage is for 6:30 AM to 10:00 PM. This works great up until about 6:30 PM-ish, as mentioned prior and then the stick shuts down routinely.

My Question is: Are there any other power saver settings on an Intel Stick that I'm not aware of or maybe other Registry edits that I can do?

I am aware that my rig has a fair amount of moving parts (the TV, the Rise Vision app. etc), but I just need to rule out on the Intel end if there is anything I missed.

Many thanks for any responses, you guys are the best!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

If it is shutting down, then something that is happening in Windows is responsible for it occurring. If it was a thermtrip event (i.e. the processor got too hot and shut itself down to protect itself from damage), this would be as a result of the (scheduled?) work that it is being asked to do. In this case, however, you should get a notification when you powered back on that this had occurred. If this is not appearing, then it is something else in Windows (scheduled event or something like that)

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

If it is shutting down, then something that is happening in Windows is responsible for it occurring. If it was a thermtrip event (i.e. the processor got too hot and shut itself down to protect itself from damage), this would be as a result of the (scheduled?) work that it is being asked to do. In this case, however, you should get a notification when you powered back on that this had occurred. If this is not appearing, then it is something else in Windows (scheduled event or something like that)

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks so much Scott!

I'll investigate your suggestions, I forgot to consider if the stick is periodically overheating.

0 Kudos