Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dstev2
Beginner

Compute Stick doesn't see keyboard or mouse

I just received delivery of the Compute Stick. I have tried a Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse as well as a generic wired keyboard and mouse.

I can see the mouse pointer move around on the screen, but the compute stick just cycles through multiple languages while searching / waiting for keyboards to be connected - even though they are plugged in already.

I have tried both keyboard and mouse in each usb port and tried a usb hub with keyboard and mouse in both usb ports.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
dstev2
Beginner

Not to answer my own question...

I got it working. It was 'seeing' the keyboard, but I guess I missed the screen prompt for next before it changed to a language that I didn't speak/read. I finally took a chance and clicked the only button on the screen even though I couldn't understand what the button said. That seemed to work because I got to the rest of the windows setup started.

All appears to be working now.

Thanks.

idata
Community Manager

Excellent, it is nice to hear you got it working and thank you for sharing this information.

Allan.
dstev2
Beginner

Thanks. No worries.

I'm sure the issue was with me not watching closely / doing other stuff when the English version of everything was showing on the screen.

I work in IT... It is a bit annoying when end users don't pay attention, then want me to fix or diagnose things. I guess I got a taste of my own medicine.