cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JHoff6
Valued Contributor II

Compute Stick refuses to connect to wifi

Jump to solution

I've had my Compute Stick for a few months now and everything was working just fine. I hadn't used it in a month or so, and decided to upgrade to Windows 10. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get it to connect to my network any more. It sees the network, takes the key, but never connects. It always comes back with "unable to connect to network". I've tried disabling/enabling, installing/uninstalling the drivers, resetting the dns cache, and a few other suggestions from the Internet. At one point I was able to connect very briefly, but the connection was lost and wouldn't reconnect.

This from a Compute Stick that was working just fine on wifi.

1 Solution
JHoff6
Valued Contributor II

Ok, I was able to get it working. I ended up uninstalling the adapter in Device Manager (and removing the drivers), then rebooting, then attaching a USB wifi adapter and updating to the latest driver. Incidentally, the Intel Driver Utility didn't work. It identified my compute stick, but the installed drivers and latest drivers lists were both empty. I had to download all the packs and install them manually.

But at least it's working again.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JHoff6
Valued Contributor II

Ok, I was able to get it working. I ended up uninstalling the adapter in Device Manager (and removing the drivers), then rebooting, then attaching a USB wifi adapter and updating to the latest driver. Incidentally, the Intel Driver Utility didn't work. It identified my compute stick, but the installed drivers and latest drivers lists were both empty. I had to download all the packs and install them manually.

But at least it's working again.

View solution in original post

Cesar_B_Intel
Employee

Hello jasonNUC,

We are glad to hear you were able to solve the issue by uninstalling-reinstalling the adapter in the Device Manager* .

Regards,

Caesar B.