cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SAljoshin
New Contributor I

ComputeStick CD1M3128MK warning CPU reduce performance

Hello,

I have here Intel Compute Stick CD1M3128MK, Clean Windows 10 Pro 1803 install, latest BIOS and drivers and High Performance power plan and I still get this CPu warning.

Screenshot attached.

How it can be solved?

Regards,

Sergei

0 Kudos
18 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello SergeiAljoshin

Thank you for contacting us.

I understand that you want are having performance issues with your Intel® Compute Card CD1M3128MK

In order for me to assist you better, please provide me with the .txt file that the System Support Utility will generate. To attach a file, you must click the "Attach" option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

I hope this helps.

Best regards.

Diego S.

SAljoshin
New Contributor I

Hello,

Result text file attached.

Sergei

SAljoshin
New Contributor I

Also Results with "All" selected

idata
Community Manager

Hello SergeiAljoshin

Thank you for your response.

Based on the brief description of your issue, we would like you to test the processor of your unit through our Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool which verifies the processor operating frequency, tests specific processor features, and performs a stress test on the processor.

You will find the link of download here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool

Please perform the test by downloading and executing the app and then let us know the outcome.

I hope this helps.

Best regards.

Diego S.

SAljoshin
New Contributor I

This utility showed that all tests are "Pass"

Please take a look at files attached.

What next?!

Sergei

idata
Community Manager

Hello SergeiAljoshin

Based o the results of your test and the SSU report that you attached, it seems that the actual hardware of your device (Processor) is working with no further issues, meaning that at this point, it seems to be a software issue more than a hardware issue. Considering that all drivers are up to date, it all points the OS to be the root of the issue, so in order to discard the OS from being the cause of the error; we would like you to make sure that all the latest Microsoft* updates are applied to your system.

I hope this helps.

Best regards.

Diego S.

SAljoshin
New Contributor I

Hello Diego,

If I plug in CP1P64GK card with the same software image and drivers - no problems!

So I am not sure about OS issue or updates.

Sergei

idata
Community Manager

Hello SergeiAljoshin

Could you provide me with mode information about the device CP1P64GK card? (Complete model number or part number).

Regards,

Leonardo C.

SAljoshin
New Contributor I

Hello Leonardo,

CD1P64GK

SA J60271-402

JRGK731000A0

These are all numbers i have there.

Sergei

idata
Community Manager

Hello SergeiAljoshin

We are looking forward to perform further research on your issue.

Can you please tell us, by any chance, have you experienced any other issue on your system besides the CPU warning?

Any performance issue or black/blue screens when loading the OS?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

SAljoshin
New Contributor I

Hello Diego,

Still not, as there were many BIOS updates and main problems were fixed with that.

CPU warning is the only one at the moment.

Sergei

idata
Community Manager

Hello SergeiAljoshin,

After all the information provided by you, we tried to replicate the issue that you are experiencing, however we did not have any positive results on the issue replication, since we were not able to get the error that your system is displaying.

However while doing research online, we found out few cases with different units from different brands, including mini PCs and desktops that were reporting the same exact issue that you are having.

Among few troubleshooting steps, we would like you to go ahead and change the power plans settings (OS level) on your machine and then let us know if you have positive results.

Please go ahead and press the Windows key on your keyboard and then type Power options, so you can open the control panel app named Power options as well.

Once that you are there you will see 2 preferred plans: Balanced and Power Saver, below you will find "additional plans".

Please select High performance under additional plans and then reboot your machine.

I hope to hear from you soon, please let us know the results.

Regards,

Diego S.

SAljoshin
New Contributor I

Hello Diego!

Yes, I have read all the Internet about this issue Weeks are spent, not days.

High performance is used from the very beginning.

There is even no need to install any drivers to get this issue. Yesterday I did just a simple test.

I just did a clean UEFI installation of Windows 10 Pro 1803 from a USB stick. And problem appeared immediately after account was created and first login in done.

By the way. What BIOS version do you use? I have 0051 version here. Maybe rolling back to 0050 might be a solution?

Moreover I have the same issue with one server, and in server section familiar ticket opened.

idata
Community Manager

Hello SergeiAljoshin,

Please go ahead and try the installation of the following driver as it will update the power controllers of your device:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27677/Intel-Management-Engine-Consumer-Driver-for-CD1M3128... https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27677/Intel-Management-Engine-Consumer-Driver-for-CD1M3128...

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Diego S.

SAljoshin
New Contributor I

Hello Diego,

I uninstalled the driver and installed the one you provided (actually the same version I had before)

Nothing changed.

take a look at screenshots attached according versions. Are they correct?

regards,

Sergei

SAljoshin
New Contributor I

IMPORTANT NOTICE!

I just did a portion of different tests and discovered that:

If you turn on the stick and then turn off the stick - no problems appear!! It just inform Event ID 1 "The system has returned from a low power state."

But when you make a restart, then it will appear after 71 second as written.

i did 10 tests and every time I did a restart - problem appeared, but none, when i powered on/off PC.

Sergei

idata
Community Manager

Hello SergeiAljoshin,

Thank you for your response, we really appreciate it.

Based on the previous tests performed by our Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool and the SSU report, we can discard a hardware issue on our unit.

Considering that all drivers are up to date, and you that you are running the latest BIOS, we do not really think that the unit is causing this event, especially because there is no other symptom of hardware failure such as BSOD or boot issues.

We strongly encourage you to contact in this case, the contact OS developer in order to gather more information about this OS error (power events and power plans) and why is it triggered, so they can provide you with more troubleshooting steps on this matter.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Diego S.

idata
Community Manager

Hello SergeiAljoshin,

We just wanted to double check if you still need further assistance.

Please do not hesitate on contacting us back.

Best Regards,

Diego S.