In this tutorial, you will learn the basics of using Intel Edison (that runs on the Linux-based Yocto). You will then learn how to seamlessly connect your devices to QNAP NAS using QIoT Suite Lite.
Please ensure your Intel Edison and NAS are under the same LAN.1. Configure your device
Configure your Intel Edison with an operating system, set up your development environment, and deploy an application to Intel Edison.1.1 Download Intel Edison drivers
Download dicers for Intel Edison based on your host PC, available here:
https://software.intel.com/en-us/get-started-edison-osx Mac users
https://software.intel.com/en-us/get-started-edison-linux Linux users1.2 Configure and test your deviceGetting started with Intel Edison
If this is your first time using Intel Edison, you must follow some steps to assemble it.
Follow steps 1-3 in the https://software.intel.com/en-us/iot/library/edison-getting-started instructions.
- Step 1: https://software.intel.com/en-us/get-started-edison-windows-step1 Assemble boards and sensors.
- Step 2: https://software.intel.com/en-us/get-started-edison-osx-step2 Run setup tools.
Use the setup tool to flash the latest firmware on the Intel Edison development board via a convenient wizard. The setup tool also lets you enable SSH and Wi-Fi* connectivity to your board, as described in the steps to follow.
- Step 3: https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-xdk/details Download development environment.
Download the Intel® XDK cross-platform integrated development environmentVerify and upload your onBoardBlink project to Intel Edison
- Creating your project
- Launch the Intel XDK.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to log in to your Intel® XDK account or sign up for a new Intel XDK account.
- From the Projects tab, click Start a New Project in the bottom left. The Start a New Project page will opens.
- In the Internet of Things Embedded Application list on the left, click Templates. A list of templates will be displayed on the right.
- Select the Onboard LED Blink template, and click Continue.
- You can modify the directory to store your projects in Project Directory.
- Enter a name for the project in Project Name.
From the IoT Device drop-down list in the bottom left, select your development board. The Connect to your IoT Device dialog box will open.
<img alt="QIoT Suite Lite" class="jive-image" src="https://www.qnap.com/images/products/Application/notes/qiot-suite-lite_intel-edison_04...