cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KHaue
Beginner

Connect compute stick via USB from PC?

Hello together,

is it possible to connect the compute stick to an PC and use a kind of console software to connect the screen?

I want to use the compute stick as a kind of "virtual machine". So I do not want to connect the stick directly to an HDMI port of an monitor, I always want to connect to another PC, use a softwar to get the console and so I can work with my Windows installation of compute stick and as example use the WLAN to connect the internet.

Found nothing regarding this "feature", perhaps I used the wrong words for my search.

Thanks in advance

Bernd

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Ricardo_G_Intel1
Employee

This configuration is not compatible. The way to get video is through HDMI only.You can check the following links http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/highlights/bandk/stck1a32wfc Support for the Intel® Compute Stick STCK1A32WFC

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/compute-stick/compute-stick-product-brief.html Intel® Compute Stick STCK1A32WFC, STCK1A8LFC Product Brief

kfchoong
New Contributor II

Hi,

Just to clarify, are you looking to access the ICS desktop from your PC? If so, will solution like TeamViewer or NoMachine work for you?

KHaue
Beginner

Yes, this is all I need.

But it must be possible to use the usb to connect, not the WLAN, because the host, where the usb is connected is in another network.

Karl

Ricardo_G_Intel1
Employee

You may need to test this conection, this has not been tested, If the Intel® Compute Stick recognizes the conection may need to install a driver

kfchoong
New Contributor II

Hi Karl,

Just a thought. Will it work if you plugin a USB Network adapter? You can use the USB Network adapter for Remote Desktop Connection (TeamViewer / NoMachine), and the Wifi to connect to another network.

Choong

KHaue
Beginner

And is a PC driver for the compute stick available from Intel?

So I am right, nobody tested this in past?

An aditionally USB network adapter on my client to connect the compute stick via Remote Desktop is "too much".

I wish wish me Remote Desktop Desktop via the connected USB from compute stick.

And if this works I buy such a stick, but this I want to clarify (and not buy it and try it).

Karl

Ricardo_G_Intel1
Employee

I Tested and this does not work, There is not driver for computer to recognize the Intel® Compute Stick. If you plug the Intel® Compute Stick to a computer via USB, this only provides power to turn on the device.

The only way that the Intel® Compute Stick works is connecting through the HDMI to a monitor or TV. If you want to use a remote desktop you can use a third party software for example TeamViewer

KHaue
Beginner

Hi,

your are right, but Teamviewer only works with the WLAN connection to the stick (TCP-IP over LAN / WLAN)

Problem is, my compute stick is in another IP network. I want to use the stick for direct internet access. WLAN is connected to internet router.

The client, where I connect the stick via USB is in another network.

Karl