Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting edision from different network

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have just started with edision board (arduino). I have created an mobile app in which can interface with edision. But it works only when mobile device and edision are on same wireless network. Is there a way where I can interface mobile device which is on different wireless network and edision is on other wireless network.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hello vbhupendra,

You have to set up your router for port-forwarding. This setting allows the router to forward the data that arrives on a specific port to a local IP address previously set. This IP address would be the Edison's IP address. Please check the following links; they are about accessing an Arduino from an external network:

Although the links above are for Arduino projects, the principles discussed there apply for the Edison too. You will find that information useful.

Regards,

Diego.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hello vbhupendra,

You have to set up your router for port-forwarding. This setting allows the router to forward the data that arrives on a specific port to a local IP address previously set. This IP address would be the Edison's IP address. Please check the following links; they are about accessing an Arduino from an external network:

Although the links above are for Arduino projects, the principles discussed there apply for the Edison too. You will find that information useful.

Regards,

Diego.

View solution in original post

Thanks Diego I'll try out this