Intel® Makers
Intel® Edison, Intel® Joule™, Intel® Curie™, Intel® Galileo
Announcements
Welcome - This is a Peer-to-Peer Forum only. Intel has discontinued these products but you may find support from other customers on this Forum
9873 Discussions

Connecting edision from different network

BHUPENDRA_V_Intel

Hi,

I have just started with edision board (arduino). I have created an mobile app in which can interface with edision. But it works only when mobile device and edision are on same wireless network. Is there a way where I can interface mobile device which is on different wireless network and edision is on other wireless network.

Thanks

1 Solution
Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hello vbhupendra,

You have to set up your router for port-forwarding. This setting allows the router to forward the data that arrives on a specific port to a local IP address previously set. This IP address would be the Edison's IP address. Please check the following links; they are about accessing an Arduino from an external network:

Although the links above are for Arduino projects, the principles discussed there apply for the Edison too. You will find that information useful.

Regards,

Diego.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hello vbhupendra,

You have to set up your router for port-forwarding. This setting allows the router to forward the data that arrives on a specific port to a local IP address previously set. This IP address would be the Edison's IP address. Please check the following links; they are about accessing an Arduino from an external network:

Although the links above are for Arduino projects, the principles discussed there apply for the Edison too. You will find that information useful.

Regards,

Diego.

BHUPENDRA_V_Intel