cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CChir1
Novice

Cp-abe

hello,

I am trying to install cp-abe on my galileo gen-2 while running make command i am having these errors as:

make

make all-recursive

make[1]: Entering directory '/home/root/files/gmp-6.1.2'

Making all in tests

make[2]: Entering directory '/home/root/files/gmp-6.1.2/tests'

Making all in .

make[3]: Entering directory '/home/root/files/gmp-6.1.2/tests'

make[3]: Nothing to be done for 'all-am'.

make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/root/files/gmp-6.1.2/tests'

Making all in devel

make[3]: Entering directory '/home/root/files/gmp-6.1.2/tests/devel'

make[3]: Nothing to be done for 'all'.

make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/root/files/gmp-6.1.2/tests/devel'

Making all in mpn

make[3]: Entering directory '/home/root/files/gmp-6.1.2/tests/mpn'

make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/root/files/gmp-6.1.2/tests/mpn'

Making all in mpz

make[3]: Entering directory '/home/root/files/gmp-6.1.2/tests/mpz'

make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/root/files/gmp-6.1.2/tests/mpz'

Making all in mpq

make[3]: Entering directory '/home/root/files/gmp-6.1.2/tests/mpq'

make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/root/files/gmp-6.1.2/tests/mpq'

Making all in mpf

make[3]: Entering directory '/home/root/files/gmp-6.1.2/tests/mpf'

make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/root/files/gmp-6.1.2/tests/mpf'

Making all in rand

make[3]: Entering directory '/home/root/files/gmp-6.1.2/tests/rand'

make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/root/files/gmp-6.1.2/tests/rand'

Making all in misc

make[3]: Entering directory '/home/root/files/gmp-6.1.2/tests/misc'

make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/root/files/gmp-6.1.2/tests/misc'

Making all in cxx

make[3]: Entering directory '/home/root/files/gmp-6.1.2/tests/cxx'

make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/root/files/gmp-6.1.2/tests/cxx'

make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/root/files/gmp-6.1.2/tests'

Making all in mpn

make[2]: Entering directory '/home/root/files/gmp-6.1.2/mpn'

/bin/sh ../libtool --mode=compile --tag=CC ../mpn/m4-ccas --m4="m4" gcc -std=gnu99 -c -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -D__GMP_WITHIN_GMP -I.. -DOPERATION_`echo add_n | sed 's/_$//'` -m32 -O2 -pedantic -fomit-frame-pointer -mtune=pentium-mmx -march=pentium-mmx -Wa,--noexecstack `test -f 'add_n.asm' || echo './'`add_n.asm

libtool: compile: ../mpn/m4-ccas --m4=m4 gcc -std=gnu99 -c -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -D__GMP_WITHIN_GMP -I.. -DOPERATION_add_n -m32 -O2 -pedantic -fomit-frame-pointer -mtune=pentium-mmx -march=pentium-mmx -Wa,--noexecstack add_n.asm -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/add_n.o

../libtool: line 1766: ../mpn/m4-ccas: Permission denied

Makefile:768: recipe for target 'add_n.lo' failed

make[2]: *** [add_n.lo] Error 1

make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/root/files/gmp-6.1.2/mpn'

Makefile:956: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed

make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/root/files/gmp-6.1.2'

Makefile:775: recipe for target 'all' failed

make: *** [all] Error 2

help...

0 Kudos
11 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi ChiChi,

Thanks for your interest in the Intel Galileo Platform.

When you say "I am trying to install cp-abe" do you mean you are trying to install the Advanced Crypto Software Collection? If you are, could you be so kind to provide me the guide that you are following.

I found this link http://acsc.cs.utexas.edu/cpabe/ Advanced Crypto Software Collection , but we want to be sure that we are following the same steps as you, so we can replicate your issue.

We will be waiting for your reply, have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose P.
CChir1
Novice

hello Jose,

yes, I am trying to install the libraries from the link you have mentioned above in my galileo gen2 and the libraries are-

1. cpabe-0.11

2. libswabe-0.9

3. gmp-6.1.2

4. pbc-0.5.14

I am preferring a video to install it here is the link-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXDQ1J8kRw0 Ciphertext Policy Attribute Based Encryption (CP-ABE) installation in Ubuntu OS - YouTube

idata
Community Manager

Hi ChiChi,

I follow the guide that you share (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXDQ1J8kRw0 Ciphertext Policy Attribute Based Encryption (CP-ABE) installation in Ubuntu OS - YouTube ) and I already install cp-abe on my Galileo Gen 2! I will try my best to summarize the steps that I took in order to install this software:

Step 1:

I download the gmp, pbc, libbswabe and cpabe files, then I use WinSCP in order to transfer these files to my Galileo.

Step 2: Run the command: opkg update

Step 3: This the longest step I will explain file by file.

GMP file:

1) Navigate to gmp-6.1.2

2) Run the command: ./configure (At the beginning it gave an error of permission denied, so I used the command: chmod +x configure).

3) Run again the command: ./configure ( Got another error of permission with the m4-css file, so I used the cmod +x m4-css).

3) Run the command: make

4) Run the command: make install.

PBC file:

1) Navigate to pbc-0.5.14

2) Run the command: ./configure (Again had to run the command: chmod +x configure).

3) Run the command: make

Libbswabe file:

1) Navigate to libbswabe-0.9

2) Run the command: ./configure (Again had to run the command: chmod +x configure).

3) Run the command: make (Another error with permissions had to run the command: chmod +x mkinstalldirs and the command: chmod +x install-sh).

Cpabe file:

1) Navigate to cpabe-0.11

3) Run the command: make (Another error with permissions had to run the command: chmod +x mkinstalldirs and the command: chmod +x install-sh).

After this you should have installed cp-abe in your Galileo!

We hope you have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose P.
idata
Community Manager

Hi ChiChi,

Were you able to install cp-abe in your Galileo? Please let me know in order to assist you.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose P.
CChir1
Novice

no, i was not able to install while in my gmp file installation, i am not getting any m4-css error but after running make i am getting these error

libtool: compile: gcc -std=gnu99 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -D__GMP_WITHIN_GMP -I.. -DOPERATION_add -m32 -O2 -pedantic -fomit-frame-pointer -mtune=pentium-mmx -march=pentium-mmx -c add.c -o add.o >/dev/null 2>&1

/bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CC --mode=compile gcc -std=gnu99 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -D__GMP_WITHIN_GMP -I.. -DOPERATION_`echo add_1 | sed 's/_$//'` -m32 -O2 -pedantic -fomit-frame-pointer -mtune=pentium-mmx -march=pentium-mmx -c -o add_1.lo add_1.c

libtool: compile: gcc -std=gnu99 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -D__GMP_WITHIN_GMP -I.. -DOPERATION_add_1 -m32 -O2 -pedantic -fomit-frame-pointer -mtune=pentium-mmx -march=pentium-mmx -c add_1.c -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/add_1.o

libtool: compile: gcc -std=gnu99 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -D__GMP_WITHIN_GMP -I.. -DOPERATION_add_1 -m32 -O2 -pedantic -fomit-frame-pointer -mtune=pentium-mmx -march=pentium-mmx -c add_1.c -o add_1.o >/dev/null 2>&1

/bin/sh ../libtool --mode=compile --tag=CC ../mpn/m4-ccas --m4="m4" gcc -std=gnu99 -c -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -D__GMP_WITHIN_GMP -I.. -DOPERATION_`echo add_n | sed 's/_$//'` -m32 -O2 -pedantic -fomit-frame-pointer -mtune=pentium-mmx -march=pentium-mmx -Wa,--noexecstack `test -f 'add_n.asm' || echo './'`add_n.asm

libtool: compile: ../mpn/m4-ccas --m4=m4 gcc -std=gnu99 -c -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -D__GMP_WITHIN_GMP -I.. -DOPERATION_add_n -m32 -O2 -pedantic -fomit-frame-pointer -mtune=pentium-mmx -march=pentium-mmx -Wa,--noexecstack add_n.asm -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/add_n.o

../libtool: line 1766: ../mpn/m4-ccas: Permission denied

Makefile:768: recipe for target 'add_n.lo' failed

make[2]: *** [add_n.lo] Error 1

make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/root/gmp-6.1.2/mpn'

Makefile:956: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed

make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/root/gmp-6.1.2'

Makefile:775: recipe for target 'all' failed

make: *** [all] Error 2

and even if i execute chmod +x m4-css i am getting this error

chmod: cannot access 'm4-css': No such file or directory within my gmp folder

idata
Community Manager

Hi ChiChi,

If you check your permission error, you will see that the file m4-ccas is located in the directory mpn, so you need to use the following commands:

1) cd gmp-6.1.2/mpn

2) chmod +x m4-ccas

Please let me know if this fixes your error.

I will be waiting for your reply, have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose P.
CChir1
Novice

hello , i have installed cp-abe but when executing cpabe-setup command. It's giving illegal instructions.

regards

chichi

idata
Community Manager

Hi ChiChi,

Unfortunately, executing Cp-abe on the Galileo is out of the scope of our support. Nevertheless, I would encourage you to contact the developers of Advanced Crypto Software Collection, you can find their email on this website http://acsc.cs.utexas.edu/cpabe/ Advanced Crypto Software Collection . Maybe they will be able to provide you further assistance.

Best Regards,

-Jose P.
CChir1
Novice

OK and thanks....

CChir1
Novice

hello, i ran make check in my gmp and found that i am getting failedd scripts running can you please tell me how can i fix them?? didn't heard anything from their developer's.

/bin/sh ../../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link gcc -std=gnu99 -m32 -O2 -pedantic -fomit-frame-pointer -mtune=pentium-mmx -march=pentium-mmx -o t-toom22 t-toom22.o ../../tests/libtests.la ../../libgmp.la

libtool: link: gcc -std=gnu99 -m32 -O2 -pedantic -fomit-frame-pointer -mtune=pentium-mmx -march=pentium-mmx -o .libs/t-toom22 t-toom22.o ../../tests/.libs/libtests.a /home/root/gmp-6.1.2/.libs/libgmp.so ../../.libs/libgmp.so -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib

../../test-driver: line 107: 6909 Illegal instruction "$@" > $log_file 2>&1

FAIL: t-toom22

/bin/sh ../../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link gcc -std=gnu99 -m32 -O2 -pedantic -fomit-frame-pointer -mtune=pentium-mmx -march=pentium-mmx -o t-toom32 t-toom32.o ../../tests/libtests.la ../../libgmp.la

libtool: link: gcc -std=gnu99 -m32 -O2 -pedantic -fomit-frame-pointer -mtune=pentium-mmx -march=pentium-mmx -o .libs/t-toom32 t-toom32.o ../../tests/.libs/libtests.a /home/root/gmp-6.1.2/.libs/libgmp.so ../../.libs/libgmp.so -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib

../../test-driver: line 107: 7008 Illegal instruction "$@" > $log_file 2>&1

FAIL: t-toom32

/bin/sh ../../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link gcc -std=gnu99 -m32 -O2 -pedantic -fomit-frame-pointer -mtune=pentium-mmx -march=pentium-mmx -o t-toom33 t-toom33.o ../../tests/libtests.la ../../libgmp.la

libtool: link: gcc -std=gnu99 -m32 -O2 -pedantic -fomit-frame-pointer -mtune=pentium-mmx -march=pentium-mmx -o .libs/t-toom33 t-toom33.o ../../tests/.libs/libtests.a /home/root/gmp-6.1.2/.libs/libgmp.so ../../.libs/libgmp.so -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib

../../test-driver: line 107: 7107 Illegal instruction "$@" > $log_file 2>&1

FAIL: t-toom33

/bin/sh ../../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link gcc -std=gnu99 -m32 -O2 -pedantic -fomit-frame-pointer -mtune=pentium-mmx -march=pentium-mmx -o t-toom42 t-toom42.o ../../tests/libtests.la ../../libgmp.la

libtool: link: gcc -std=gnu99 -m32 -O2 -pedantic -fomit-frame-pointer -mtune=pentium-mmx -march=pentium-mmx -o .libs/t-toom42 t-toom42.o ../../tests/.libs/libtests.a /home/root/gmp-6.1.2/.libs/libgmp.so ../../.libs/libgmp.so -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib

../../test-driver: line 107: 7206 Illegal instruction "$@" > $log_file 2>&1

FAIL: t-toom42

/bin/sh ../../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link gcc -std=gnu99 -m32 -O2 -pedantic -fomit-frame-pointer -mtune=pentium-mmx -march=pentium-mmx -o t-toom43 t-toom43.o ../../tests/libtests.la ../../libgmp.la

libtool: link: gcc -std=gnu99 -m32 -O2 -pedantic -fomit-frame-pointer -mtune=pentium-mmx -march=pentium-mmx -o .libs/t-toom43 t-toom43.o ../../tests/.libs/libtests.a /home/root/gmp-6.1.2/.libs/libgmp.so ../../.libs/libgmp.so -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib

../../test-driver: line 107: 7305 Illegal instruction "$@" > $log_file 2>&1

FAIL: t-toom43

/bin/sh ../../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link gcc -std=gnu99 -m32 -O2 -pedantic -fomit-frame-pointer -mtune=pentium-mmx -march=pentium-mmx -o t-toom44 t-toom44.o ../../tests/libtests.la ../../libgmp.la

libtool: link: gcc -std=gnu99 -m32 -O2 -pedantic -fomit-frame-pointer -mtune=pentium-mmx -march=pentium-mmx -o .libs/t-toom44 t-toom44.o ../../tests/.libs/libtests.a /home/root/gmp-6.1.2/.libs/libgmp.so ../../.libs/libgmp.so -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib

../../test-driver: line 107: 7404 Illegal instruction "$@" > $log_file 2>&1

FAIL: t-toom44

/bin/sh ../../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link gcc -std=gnu99 -m32 -O2 -pedantic -fomit-frame-pointer -mtune=pentium-mmx -march=pentium-mmx -o t-toom52 t-toom52.o ../../tests/libtests.la ../../libgmp.la

libtool: link: gcc -std=gnu99 -m32 -O2 -pedantic -fomit-frame-pointer -mtune=pentium-mmx -march=pentium-mmx -o .libs/t-toom52 t-toom52.o ../../tests/.libs/libtests.a /home/root/gmp-6.1.2/.libs/libgmp.so ../../.libs/libgmp.so -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib

../../test-driver: line 107: 7503 Illegal instruction "$@" > $log_file 2>&1

FAIL: t-toom52

/bin/sh ../../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link gcc -std=gnu99 -m32 -O2 -pedantic -fomit-frame-pointer -mtune=pentium-mmx -march=pentium-mmx -o t-toom53 t-toom53.o ../../tests/libtests.la ../../libgmp.la

libtool: link: gcc -std=gnu99 -m32 -O2 -pedantic -fomit-frame-pointer -mtune=pentium-mmx -march=pentium-mmx -o .libs/t-toom53 t-toom53.o ../../tests/.libs/libtests.a /home/root/gmp-6.1.2/.libs/libgmp.so ../../.libs/libgmp.so -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib

../../test-driver: line 107: 7602 Illegal instruction "$@" > $log_file 2>&1

FAIL: t-toom53

/bin/sh ../../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link gcc -std=gnu99 -m32 -O2 -pedantic -fomit-frame-pointer -mtune=pentium-mmx -march=pentium-mmx -o t-toom54 t-toom54.o ../../tests/libtests.la ../../libgmp.la

libtool: link: gcc -std=gnu99 -m32 -O2 -pedantic -fomit-frame-pointer -mtune=pentium-mmx -march=pentium-mmx -o .libs/t-toom54 t-toom54.o ../../tests/.libs/libtests.a /home/root/gmp-6.1.2/.libs/libgmp.so ../../.libs/libgmp.so -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib

../../test-driver: line 107: 7701 Illegal instruction "$@" > $log_file 2>&1

FAIL: t-toom54

/bin/sh ../../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link gcc -std=gnu99 -m32 -O2 -pedantic -fomit-frame-pointer -mtune=pentium-mmx -march=pentium-mmx -o t-toom62 t-toom62.o ../../tests/libtests.la ../../libgmp.la

libtool: link: gcc -std=gnu99 -m32 -O2 -pedantic -fomit-frame-pointer -mtune=pentium-mmx -march=pentium-mmx -o .libs/t-toom62 t-toom62.o ../../tests/.libs/libtests.a /home/root/gmp-6.1.2/.libs/libgmp.so ../../.libs/libgmp.so -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib

../../test-driver: line 107: 7800 Illegal instruction "$@" > $log_file 2>&1

FAIL: t-toom62

/bin/sh ../../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link gcc -std=gnu99 -m32 -O2 -pedantic -fomit-frame-pointer -mtune=pentium-mmx -march=pentium-mmx -o t-toom63 t-toom63.o ../../tests/libtests.la ../../libgmp.la

libtool: link: gcc -std=gnu99 -m32 -O2 -pedantic -fomit-frame-pointer -mtune=pentium-mmx -march=pentium-mmx -o .libs/t-toom63 t-toom63.o ../../tests/.libs/libtests.a /home/root/gmp-6.1.2/.libs/libgmp.so ../../.libs/libgmp.so -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib

../../test-driver: line 107: 7899 Illegal instruction "$@" > $log_file 2>&1

FAIL: t-toom63

/bin/sh ../../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link gcc -std=gnu99 -m32 -O2 -pedantic -fomit-frame-pointer -mtune=pentium-mmx -march=pentium-mmx -o t-toom6h t-toom6h.o ../../tests/libtests.la ../../libgmp.la

libtool: link: gcc -std=gnu99 -m32 -O2 -pedantic -fomit-frame-pointer -mtune=pentium-mmx -march=pentium-mmx -o .libs/t-toom6h t-toom6h.o ../../tests/.libs/libtests.a /home/root/gmp-6.1.2/.libs/libgmp.so ../../.libs/libgmp.so -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib

../../test-driver: line 107: 7998 Illegal instruction "$@" > $log_file 2>&1

FAIL: t-toom6h

/bin/sh ../../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link gcc -std=gnu99 -m32 -O2 -pedantic -fomit-frame-pointer -mtune=pentium-mmx -march=pentium-mmx -o t-toom8h t-toom8h.o ../../tests/libtests.la ../../libgmp.la

libtool: link: gcc -std=gnu99 -m32 -O2 -pedantic -fomit-frame-pointer -mtune=pentium-mmx -march=pentium-mmx -o .libs/t-toom8h t-toom8h.o ../../tests/.libs/libtests.a /home/root/gmp-6.1.2/.libs/libgmp.so ../../.libs/libgmp.so -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib

../../test-driver: line 107: 8097 Illegal instruction "$@" > $log_file 2>&1

FAIL: t-toom8h

/bin/sh ../../lib...

idata
Community Manager

Hi ChiChi,

This seems to be an error with the gmp-6.1.2 library, I would encourage you to report this bug to mailto:gmp-bugs@gmplib.org gmp-bugs@gmplib.org.

Best Regards,

-Jose P.