Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ROare1
Beginner

Current Assist Settings

How do you set the current assist settings in Yocto Linux? This is advised for high-speed mode i2c according to page 21 of the Intel Edison Compute Module Hardware Guide.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello rao016,

As it's mentioned in the Intel Edison Compute Module Hardware Guide ( http://www.intel.com/support/edison/sb/CS-035274.htm), in order to modify the internal pullup values and current assist setting the MIP Header of the firmware must be modified. This is not advice as it could potentially make the I2C bus behave unexpectedly.

I hope this information helps.

-Peter.
ROare1
Beginner

For the pull-up resistor you edit the file /sys/kernel/debug/gpio_debug/gpioXX/current_pullstrength. My question is what file do you edit to modify the current assist or has that even been implemented? Also, per table 13 of the Intel Edison Module Hardware Guide it is advised to use the current assist.

idata
Community Manager

Let me investigate about this. If I find something I'll post it as soon as I can.

-Peter.
idata
Community Manager

Hello rao016,

I've been investigating about this and unfortunately I found out that it is currently not possible to change the current assist settings. This might change in future releases, however, there's no ETA for when an update will address this feature.

I apologize for any inconvenience this might cause.

-Peter.