Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

D2000 4K OTP

Hello, I want to clarify, the OTP memory section as I understand is one time programming for the D2000 MCU, while I was reading the qmsi library It needs to be flashed the first time that I need to use the MCU. Am I right?

In the code there is a file called rom_startup.c and s file. But I don't fully understand "reset vector at 150h is located in OTP Code region of Intel ® QuarkTM" so, It will start-up at ENTRY_POINT_ADDRESS( Flash Code ITCM & AHB), but all devices will be shipped with the OTP clean, I mean without no program at OTP?

/* Address of application's entry point */

# define ENTRY_POINT_ADDRESS ((void *)0x00180000)

What happens if I try to reprogram the OTP section more that one time, just fail or it will make a mesh in the ROM?

Finally, there is no way to get the ENTRY_POINT_ADDRESS if I don't have the rom code?

Thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Hi josnelihurt.taio

Yes - You need to flash the ROM code to the D2000 before you use it - there is a pre-built ROM file included in the Intel System Studio for Microcontrollers application - https://registrationcenter.intel.com/en/forms/?productid=2580 Commercial Product Request - Intel® Products

This only needs to be done once. However the OTP bit is not set by default so you will be allowed to flash it again without issue.

This address is the start of the 32KB System Flash ..

/* Address of application's entry point */

# define ENTRY_POINT_ADDRESS ((void *)0x00180000)

You can refer to the D2000 DataSheet for the SOC memory map (Section 6.1.1) - http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/embedded/products/quark/mcu/d2000/quark-d2000-datasheet.html Intel® Quark™ Microcontroller D2000: Datasheet

regards,

Michelle.

Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks for your fast answer, I don't know if I can ask this question here. In the company that I work we have NDA, where can I create question related with products with NDA Information?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi ,

You should log the question with Intel Premier Support - do you have an a/c on there already ?

regards.

Michelle.

0 Kudos