Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MMura12
Beginner

Developing native linux apps on Galileo board

I am a newbie on developing linux apps on embedded platform although I'm an experienced embedded developer

I recently got a Galileo board, updated board firmware and

created sd-card image scuccesfully. In order to create a cross-paltform development environment using Eclipse IDE on Ubuntu

I downloaded and installed BSP for Quark succesfully from the following link.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23197/Intel-Quark-SoC-X1000-Board-Support-Package-BSP- Download Intel® Quark™ SoC X1000 Board Support Package (BSP)

After installing BSP, installer created the following folders as shown in the attached file

I think next thing to do is defining paths for compiler,debugger etc. in Eclipse compiler options.

But when I searched the installed folders I cannot find any of these tools. Could you help me if I am

missing out something to install tool chain.

Also could you suggest me a beginner guide for developing linux apps on Galileo board.

Thanks in advance...

0 Kudos
5 Replies
FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

Hi mkurus,

Also could you suggest me a beginner guide for developing linux apps on Galileo board.

I don't know what you mean by "linux apps on Galileo board", but in case you mean something like "linux command line usage of Intel Edison and Galileo" (for development), Paul.Guermonprez made a very useful material to teach/learn: .

HTH,

Fernando.

MMura12
Beginner

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for your reply.

First of all the link in your post seems inactive

By "Linux apps on Galileo board" I meant developing/cross-compiling applications running on Galileo board. I'm not interested in developing sketches and looking for a way how to install gcc compiler and debugger on my host linux environment.

Thanks in advance...

FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

mkurus wrote:

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for your reply.

First of all the link in your post seems inactive

Hmmm... maybe there is some problem at your side, the link in my computer shows the thread, actually:

maybe you meant the link inside that thread... but I think it does not matter anyways.

I do not understand the rest of your post:

By "Linux apps on Galileo board" I meant developing/cross-compiling applications running on Galileo board. I'm not interested in developing sketches and in looking for a way how to install gcc compiler and debugger on my host linux environment.

a) A cross compiled application is one that is developed in one platform (the "source") to be used in another one (the "target"). And the Arduino IDE with a sketch is an example of such an environment, actually one in which you are not interested in.

b) Cross compiled applications require to have compiler and debugger in the "source" environment, which in this case would be the host linux environment... i.e. not the Intel Galileo.

Actually, I think I do not understand what you need/want, so maybe Intel people wiil be able to help here.

BR,

Fernando.

idata
Community Manager

Hi mkurus,

Thanks for your interest in the Intel Galileo Platform.

In the latest Yocto default image for the Galileo you will find a gcc compiler, so you can write your code and then compile it in your host linux environment.

Also in here you can find some guides for getting started with the Galileo board:

1) https://software.intel.com/en-us/get-started-galileo-windows IoT - Getting Started with the Intel® Galileo Board on Windows* | Intel® Software

2) https://software.intel.com/en-us/iot/hardware/galileo The Intel® Galileo Board | IoT | Intel® Software

3) https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/galileo-getting-started-guide Galileo Getting Started Guide - learn.sparkfun.com

Best Regards,

-Jose.
idata
Community Manager

Hi mkurus,

Do you have any more questions? Please let us know in order to assist you.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose.