Intel® Makers
Intel® Edison, Intel® Joule™, Intel® Curie™, Intel® Galileo
Announcements
Welcome - This is a Peer-to-Peer Forum only. Intel has discontinued these products but you may find support from other customers on this Forum
9881 Discussions

Disabling default edison web server while creating the image

SR11
New Contributor I

Hi,

I understand how to disable the default webserver after logging into the OS. But, how can I disable it while creating the image?

Regards

Srikanth

1 Solution
Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hi Blackhole,

In order to disable the default web server you have to remove the package "oobe" from this layer/recipes group: edison-src/meta-intel-edison/meta-intel-edison-distro/recipes-support/

Regards,

Diego

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hi Blackhole,

I'm not sure but let me investigate about it. I'll post any information I find as soon as possible.

Regards,

Diego

Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hi Blackhole,

In order to disable the default web server you have to remove the package "oobe" from this layer/recipes group: edison-src/meta-intel-edison/meta-intel-edison-distro/recipes-support/

Regards,

Diego

SR11
New Contributor I

Hi Diego,

Thank you..

Let me try and get back with the result.

Regards

Srikanth

SR11
New Contributor I

When I remove oobe, won't it effect the entire edison_config_tools which includes other services like password, wifi etc.?

Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hi Blackhole,

I haven't tested it, so I'm not sure if removing the package will affect the entire edison_config_tools. On the other hand, the default web server script is edison-config-server.js, so you could try to remove only this script from the installation.

As you can see here: http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-intel-edison/tree/meta-intel-edison-distro/recipes-su... meta-intel-edison - Layer for the Intel Edison Development Platform, the installation of the web server script is in the line 48. I suggest you to comment this line and try to build the image.

Regards,

Diego