Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SR11
New Contributor I

Disabling default edison web server while creating the image

Jump to solution

Hi,

I understand how to disable the default webserver after logging into the OS. But, how can I disable it while creating the image?

Regards

Srikanth

Tags (1)
1 Solution
Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hi Blackhole,

In order to disable the default web server you have to remove the package "oobe" from this layer/recipes group: edison-src/meta-intel-edison/meta-intel-edison-distro/recipes-support/

Regards,

Diego

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hi Blackhole,

I'm not sure but let me investigate about it. I'll post any information I find as soon as possible.

Regards,

Diego

Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hi Blackhole,

In order to disable the default web server you have to remove the package "oobe" from this layer/recipes group: edison-src/meta-intel-edison/meta-intel-edison-distro/recipes-support/

Regards,

Diego

View solution in original post

SR11
New Contributor I

Hi Diego,

Thank you..

Let me try and get back with the result.

Regards

Srikanth

SR11
New Contributor I

When I remove oobe, won't it effect the entire edison_config_tools which includes other services like password, wifi etc.?

Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hi Blackhole,

I haven't tested it, so I'm not sure if removing the package will affect the entire edison_config_tools. On the other hand, the default web server script is edison-config-server.js, so you could try to remove only this script from the installation.

As you can see here: http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-intel-edison/tree/meta-intel-edison-distro/recipes-su... meta-intel-edison - Layer for the Intel Edison Development Platform, the installation of the web server script is in the line 48. I suggest you to comment this line and try to build the image.

Regards,

Diego