Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

Display driver updated and now no display, can anyone help, please?

I have just started to set up a compute stick and a driver update package [IOBit] has updated my display driver and now I cannot get a display. I have not yet enabled remote access so cannot get into the stick to roll back. Can anyone help please?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

You'll have to give us a lot more information before we can help you...

idata
Community Manager

Hello Novice-stick,

Regards,

Amy.

idata
Community Manager

Hello Amy, Sorry for the delay but I have away from my computer for a few days. My model is 1A32WFC. It came with Windows 10 installed and I installed it with some of the programmes I use on my 3 main Windows 10 computers. [e.g. Skype, Team Viewer, IObit Advanced System Care and Drive Booster.] I have not, so far, set it up for remote desktop working. After about 4 weeks of use I ran Drive Booster and it advised me to update the display driver. I did this and now all I get is a blue screen. I know the system is still running when I switch it on as my Home server continues to back it up once a week. I assume the cure will be to roll back the driver but I cannot get into the system as remote desktop connection does not work. I have attached USB keyboard and tried to (a) get into the BIOS with F2 or (b) enter Safe Mode with the Shift key but the system is unresponsive.

I am afraid I cannot remember the Graphics system I installed. I looked at the link you suggested but it says it does not apply to my model.

regards,

Novice-stick

idata
Community Manager

I believe that your Intel® Compute Stick might have failed; however, please try the Online No Boot Wizard; http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/wizards/Compute_Stick/ No Boot Troubleshooting Wizard. This online wizard work for all the Intel® Compute Stick models.

Let me know how that goes.

Regards,

Amy.

idata
Community Manager

I tried that Amy and, although trying several times, a 3 second application of the power button did not result in any menu. I continued to see a dark blue screen.

Regards,

Novice-stick

idata
Community Manager

I am sorry to hear that! At his stage, the next step in this case will be replacing your unit, so please contact our phone or chat support in order to check the replacement options for your Intel® Compute Stick. See here for the contact information http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html Contact Support.

Regards,

Amy.

idata
Community Manager

OK Amy, thank you. At the moment live chat is not available. This may be because of time difference. I am in the UK and it is 4:15 pm here - I am assuming it is about 9:15 where the Intel technical support is so I shall wait a while and try again later.

Novice -stick

idata
Community Manager

Sure, let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Amy.

idata
Community Manager

I have spoken to Nuhr on the link to gave me and he has been extremely helpful. He has arranged for Intel UK to contact me regarding a replacement as he agrees with you that the device is faulty. Thank you again for your help, Amy

idata
Community Manager

Good to hear! :)

Let me know as soon as you receive the unit.

Regards,

Amy.