cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IAmee
Novice

Display the output of one edison to a LCD which is connected to another edison

Hi,

I am new to programming. And am having difficulties to solve this issue.

I have now connected one Intel Edison as the client and another Intel Edison as the Access Point.

How i want it to be is that,

When i runs the sketch in the client its output data has to be displayed in the AP which is connected with the LCD.

I am using Arduino platform with C++ language.

i tried using the example code "WiFi UDP Send and Receive String" but the client got auto disconnect to the AP.

Reagrds,

Kumaran

4 Replies
Sergio_A_Intel
Employee

Hi,

You are using the Arduino IDE example WiFiUDPSendandReceiveString right? What IDE version are you using? To use that sketch you need to use a WiFi shield. Do you have one attached?

How are you connecting the LCD, what LCD model are you using?

Do you see an error when the session gets disconnected?

Sergio

IAmee
Novice

Hi.

I am currently using Arduino IDE veriosn 1.6.5.

Both my Intel Edison are already built in with WiFi.

Am using LCD Keypad Shield V1.1 (DFROBOT product) and am connecting it directly to the Intel Edison Development Board.

When i run the example code in Arduino IDE it just shows "Attempting to connect to SSID : My SSID Name "

and whn this is going on the Client automatically get disconnected to the Access Point.

Regards,

Kumaran

Sergio_A_Intel
Employee

Are you sure both your boards are running the latest image version and both are connecting to Wi-Fi? You can setup Wi-Fi with configure_edison –wifi.

The sketch you are running stops at "Attempting to connect to SSID". Do you have your SSID configured in the Edison with the same name as in the sketch?

Sergio

Carlos_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Kumaran,

Do you have updates on this?

Regards,

Charlie