Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John_M_Intel1
Employee

Does anyone know the schedule for enabling the MIPI CSI interface on Joule and Win 10 IoT?

I can't find a dashboard that talks to the schedules

john

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi zillon,

We'll do some research and contact you as soon as we have more information. Thank you for your patience.

-Sergio

idata
Community Manager

Hi zillon,

Could you please provide more information on what you're looking for and what you're trying to achieve? Please be as detailed as possible.

We'll be waiting for your response.

-Sergio

KSebe
Novice

Sergio--

I have a similar question, only I would extend it to Linux as well. Joule is being marketed as a robotics solution for vision-based machine learning, but there is no support for making MIPI cameras work. This means that the only option is using USB cameras, which is limiting in selection, form factor, packaging, price, etc... Plus, using USB is something I tend to avoid when working with real-world, real-time, critical systems.

I would like to see Joule officially supporting at least one or two MIPI cameras, similar to the Intel Aero.

idata
Community Manager

Hi kubark42,

Thank you for your feedback. As you know, we take all the feedback from the community, so that all of the customer's opinions and suggestions can be reviewed and be used to improve our services and products. That's why we asked zillion to provide more information, to try to help him resolve his issue faster than he would if he'd wait for updates in documentation.

We'll wait for zillion to provide more information and take your feedback to the appropriate team.

Regards,

-Sergio

JHowa3
Beginner

Hi Sergio,

Do you have any updates on this post?

I'm considering using the Joule as an ADAS/Computer Vision Dev platform, but I'm worried about limitations of support for or the ability to use the DSI/CSI-2 interfaces in the near future.

Cheers,

Joe

idata
Community Manager

Hi TI_Joe,

Thank you for your interest. As of yet, we don't have any updates on this subject. Every time we receive questions about the functionality and documentation of the MIPI CSI we report it to the team in charge, so they know that the community is interested in this information. Hopefully more information will be available soon.

Thank you for your understanding.

-Sergio